Looking for a all around modpack.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

clonex10100

Jul 29, 2019
It seems the best all around modpacks are unleashed and unhinged, But there kinda old... Are they still being supported? OR should i try a newer one? and if they are still being supported which one should i pick?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
There are so many modpacks now on all the different launchers you need to decide for yourself. Modpacks with 1.4.7 or 1.5 Minecraft versions are pretty much locked and wont be updated ever since mods changed so much.

There are plenty of descriptions and mod lists around so you can make your choice, only you know what mods you want to play, we don't. If you aren't attracted to any FTB mods go look at the other launchers like Atlauncher which have a ton of mod packs on them including SolitaryCraft which is a mod pack with about 200-250 mods which you pick and choose your own.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Unhinged/Unleashed are 1.5.2 packs. If you are new to FTB I would suggest just going 1.6.4, since the new TC4 looks not boring. (Automate-able and not tedious).

People says Monster looks bloated, but you can just disable all the extra shit you don't want. Most people say DireWolf's current 1.6.4 pack is most similar to the Ultimate->Unleashed->1.6.4 progression, so you could go that way.

If you are coming from playing Ultimate, understand that TE & IC have been completely reworked for 1.6.4, so there exists a learning curve.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
It also depends on how good your pc is. If you are running low to medium specs, I suggest the latest DW20 pack. If you are playing on a beast (hehe) then I'd say you go for either TPPI (TestPackPleaseIgnore, private code MegaSharkPunch) or Resonant Rise (Atlauncher)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
As above, go for a 1.6.4 pack. As an all-rounder, Monster has everything you could want.

But as someone with an older PC, I used my first playthrough to play about with some mods, then cut out the ones I found annoying/redundant in my second world to cut down on system resources.

A slimmed down monster with a nice selection of all-round mods (no bias towards magic/industrial mods) eventually came to 130ish rather than 183 and runs a ton better than before.

ResonantRise, mentioned above, is painfully hard to play if you don't have an up-to-date machine.