Long range power transfer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MikW

I'm looking for a good semi-wireless power transfer stuff... to connect a big power buffer to smaller separate buffers in other rooms (e.g. ore processing room, farm, quarry, etc). Fully wireless ones (for example, Ender IO dimensional transceivers) are great, but is pretty expensive in my current stage of the game, so I'm considering semi-wireless ones (you don't connect each and every wire together). I'm thinking AA energy lasers or IE wires currently. Which is better? Or are there other choices that are better?

I use DW20 1.10.2, I have a good amount of resources aside from ender related stuff.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm looking for a good semi-wireless power transfer stuff... to connect a big power buffer to smaller separate buffers in other rooms (e.g. ore processing room, farm, quarry, etc). Fully wireless ones (for example, Ender IO dimensional transceivers) are great, but is pretty expensive in my current stage of the game, so I'm considering semi-wireless ones (you don't connect each and every wire together). I'm thinking AA energy lasers or IE wires currently. Which is better? Or are there other choices that are better?

I use DW20 1.10.2, I have a good amount of resources aside from ender related stuff.
Did you try out any of the ideas mentioned in the other thread about this? I don't think the RFTools ones were super expensive, but I might be wrong.

One nice thing about the IE wires WTFFFS mentioned is that, although you do need line of sight/action to make the connection (i.e. there can't be any blocks in the way between your connectors when you attach the wire), you don't need it to keep the connection - so you can knock a hole in the wall to connect the wire, then fill it back up, and the wire stays connected!

I tend to leave the holes as it feels more flavourful for me, but you absolutely don't have to.

M

MikW

Did you try out any of the ideas mentioned in the other thread about this? I don't think the RFTools ones were super expensive, but I might be wrong.

One nice thing about the IE wires WTFFFS mentioned is that, although you do need line of sight/action to make the connection (i.e. there can't be any blocks in the way between your connectors when you attach the wire), you don't need it to keep the connection - so you can knock a hole in the wall to connect the wire, then fill it back up, and the wire stays connected!

I tend to leave the holes as it feels more flavourful for me, but you absolutely don't have to.
Fully wireless ones are too expensive for me to make in this stage. As I said dimensional transceivers are expensive, and powercells need some prismarine, and I haven't found a ocean monument yet.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Fully wireless ones are too expensive for me to make in this stage. As I said dimensional transceivers are expensive, and powercells need some prismarine, and I haven't found a ocean monument yet.
Ah prismarine - I wondered what your issue was - top tip: nether quartz can be converted into prismarine with an Atomic Reconstructor. I think Ellpeck did that because the Empowerer recipe for lapis requires 3 prismarine, and he didn't want people to be stuck trying to find it.

Reactions: MikW
M

MikW

Ah prismarine - I wondered what your issue was - top tip: nether quartz can be converted into prismarine with an Atomic Reconstructor. I think Ellpeck did that because the Empowerer recipe for lapis requires 3 prismarine, and he didn't want people to be stuck trying to find it.
Okay then, just need to find a bit more diamonds. Mining for a little while in the deep dark should be enough.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm sorry I didn't think to mention it before now; I'm kind of used to the various unexpected and useful things the Reconstructor can do because I played around a lot with AA in a little mini 1.10 pack I put together.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
A somewhat earlier game answer might be the extra utilities wireless battery and transmitters. They have limitless range and perform across dimensions but only power items within 4 blocks of the transmitters and only provide 80 RF/t per connected block or machine. They can however be coaxed into giving up quite a bit more by attaching power cable/lines to the machines or energy storage buffers. For example, a 4 machine processor line with 4 attached power cables would give 400 RF/t to each machine (80 for each of the 4 connections to the power lines and 80 for the machine itself).