Long Railcraft Track

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

facegr1nd

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
i built a 300 block long track from an liquid loader to another liquid unloader. Every 10 tracks i put a booster track, and every 20 tracks i put a world anchor.
The train is a simple Tank Cart.

The train only seems to be moving when i come to look after it. When i wait for the train at the unloader it never arrives.

Is there a way to get my train moving properly?

Cheers

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft portal. Since the 1.3 update carts can go through portals, this includes mystcraft portals. Just plonk one down where you feel necessary make your linkbook so the cart will arrive on the track and ba da boom! So much simpler and easier.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
afaik there is also a World Anchor cart, so instead of using separate anchors how about making a train with an anchor attached? I'm pretty sure that cart was designed exactly for this kind of use.
If you go that route I'm pretty sure it isn't too hard to keep it stocked with Enderpearls either, provided you've got enough.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is also the Anchor and the Sentinel, which Loads Chunks in a row, which is good for straight lines. Also remember that chunks are 16 blocks large, so if you put a chunk-loader every 32 blocks you are totally save (at least if they have fuel).

facegr1nd

Jul 29, 2019
I thought Mystcraft portals in combination with minecrarts don't work because something is broken?! That's why i was using that long track....

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, since Forge 493 requires 1.4.7. From XCompWiz post on his blog: http://binarymage.com/2013/01/02/mystcraft-0-9-5-00-issues/
2) Crashing on sending entities through portals: This is actually a Minecraft issue which Mystcraft just managed to trigger. I’d avoided it before, but accidentally put it back in when updating. Forge added a fix around 493 for this.

We will still crash if we log out in an age until his next public release though :/ which makes setting up a base inside one difficult for SSP.