Logo Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravage

Jul 29, 2019
ftbv2.png

Lann

Jul 29, 2019
I think, and this is just me giving my opinion, (not meant to bash anyone at all, it's actually more of a heads up I guess), the issue with most of the logos posted is that they don't really refer to Minecraft.

I'll just set an example.
I tried to make something more beast related...
no gradient or round corners because it doesn't work with this style :D
ftbmap.png

ftbmod.png

ftbl.png
This one. I understand that it is related to the 'beast' and all, but does it really call to the game at all? If you put just one of these logos in front of someone who doesn't know at first about this project, I suppose they'll first think it's a Skyrim Modpack, probably.

I think you guys should focus more on trying to make it, as the brief says, recognisable to Minecraft fans. It's a game about cubes. Use cubes! (or not!) No round edges, make it rough. Focus on the people you're trying to reach. It's really nice to make awesome stuff full of cool looking effects, but you gotta keep it close and related to the product at hand and what you want people to see.

Well, that was me trying to help.

CurvinhO

Jul 29, 2019
I think, and this is just me giving my opinion, (not meant to bash anyone at all, it's actually more of a heads up I guess), the issue with most of the logos posted is that they don't really refer to Minecraft.

I'll just set an example.

This one. I understand that it is related to the 'beast' and all, but does it really call to the game at all? If you put just one of these logos in front of someone who doesn't know at first about this project, I suppose they'll first think it's a Skyrim Modpack, probably.

I think you guys should focus more on trying to make it, as the brief says, recognisable to Minecraft fans. It's a game about cubes. Use cubes! (or not!) No round edges, make it rough. Focus on the people you're trying to reach. It's really nice to make awesome stuff full of cool looking effects, but you gotta keep it close and related to the product at hand and what you want people to see.

Well, that was me trying to help.

i don't want to be rude but i don't really know how to phrase this...
logos don't need to be related to the product or whatever.
for example lets use the apple logo (the bitten apple). Wich product does that refers to? iPhones, iPads or Macbooks?
logos are a reference to your "brand" so it must be something that will be unique and represent you in a way that when someone sees the image they'll automatically think of your "brand".
so i really think that being related to the offer means nothing and, better than using something minecraft related, a pretty image is a great way to atract people and make people visit your site

Lann

Jul 29, 2019
You've got a good point about the brand, but I still think it should be something easy to recognize or the tiniest bit related. I agree that neat visuals atract people and that is obviously great but I really don't see how a logo with a ball should represent a game about squares.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
=========================================
The logo will be picked on 12/10/12 at 23:59 BST (UK time)
=========================================

Jul 29, 2019
Made this relatively simple logo, as it is the first time iv'e tried something like this :p

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• FTB contestant.jpg
    FTB contestant.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.