Logo Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
We will be having a new logo here at feed the beast and we would love for one of you to make it for us! All you have to do to enter is create your logo and post it as a reply in this thread, you can enter as many times as you like feel free to give constructive feedback to other contestants.

Design brief:

For those of you that have never really used design briefs before this is just a rough guide of what we want you can do ANYTHING you want but this could help you be creative, its deliberately vague so we don't hinder your creative process.

Our current logo:
TCehc.png

It might be a good idea to keep the minecraft style and the colours but as I said before this is your design, do what you want with it.
We are looking for a more artistic logo with a bit more handmade feel I am really into web 2.0 logos (they are logos like skype and youtube that are generally seen as web logos generally with gradients and rounded corners) while slow is into more into pictorial logos that are easily recognisable like the apple logo or the CocaCola logo. Letter form logos are also nice as well but if you want to do one of those make sure its recognisable to minecraft fans not just a logo.

Other than that go and have some fun with it, see what you can come up with; I look forward to seeing them!

Captainnana
Web Designer

=========================================
The contest is now over so don't try and enter!
=========================================

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
66g2M.png

Heres my attempt XD Which reminds me, you need to be able to provide all the files you made it with (Preferably a vector)

Richard_Dain

Jul 29, 2019
i have an idea for a logo, but my art skills suck. so, heres my idea in writing. '

Blue wrench, in the shape of a F, Green hammer in the shape of a T and a Bow and arrow in the shape of a B

deejkdeejk

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, well I'm definitely no artist, but I have an idea that might look pretty sweet, yet still remains relevant to the modpack:

A stylized Steve head with his mouth wide open, and random items from each mod going into his mouth. Recognizable ones, maybe a Philo Stone, a Forestry bee, a RedPower gate? Haha, I'm sorry for not being able to give you any sort of graphical representation of this.

EDIT: I suppose (depending on how stylized the logo is) it might not be instantly recognizable, so one may have to insert some sort of watermark with the acronym 'FtB' somewhere. Maybe centered under Steve's head?

Lann

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I came up with so far.
The concept is pretty simple. It's supposed to resemble a minecraft block, with the ftb name underneath. :3
I went for clean, mostly.

Also had two versions. One has the original colors on the block with a greyscale on the name (this can be changed to only one tone, or maybe white, black doesn't look so nice)
QmhM2.png

The other one is colored as a dirt block and the colors are on the text.
VYVoP.png

Personally I like the first the most. :3

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I made a few logos since the announcement in slowpoke's stream yesterday. Take a look, tell me which ones you like, etc.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a7cg3p4098pnkyt/umg6Fyb1GB

Also, a quick suggestion, add spoiler tags (with collapsing divs). They help a lot in these kinds of threads, reducing overall clutter.
Really like those, I'll give feedback later when I have spoken to slow, also, I will look into spoiler tags

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm absolutely in love with this one... minimal, clean, relevant, simple :)

I like this one aswell, but I think that the proportions of the text to the picture aren´t good yet... the cube looks a bit too big and theres (in my oppinion) too much open space

Lann

Jul 29, 2019
If I make the cube smaller, it could be better if it was beside the text instead of on top.

MkXxW.png

By the way, I left the grass part the same green as the "the". Is it better this way, or the darker shade?

Reactions: whizard_dragon

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
In my oppinion, it is better this why. For the grass, i guess adding another (different) colour wouldn´t look "right". So i thin, you should stay with the current colour.

Zeke

Jul 29, 2019
Here are 3 logos I made. Please give feedback.
FTB1.png

FTB2.png

FTB.png

I can make variations of each for Modpack, Map, and Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.