Logistics Pipes, Tearing my Hair Out

KatjaREDMedic

Aug 10, 2019
Ok the jist of my problem is that I have no idea what I'm doing and nothing is working.

More specifically, I have my logistics power unit deal hooked up to part of my pipes, I've got basic pipes in chests, I've got unrouted or whatnot in any area without a junction or connecting to things, I've got items in pipes, a quicksort module in a chassis near a chest I'm putting random stuff in and expecting it to sort but...nothing happens. It just sort of scans over all the items and does nothing. I've had the target chest noted as being the default place or whatever it is, I have it rigged so items(pumpkin seeds, as an example) go into the second chest from the top. At least that's what's supposed to happen. Nothing does though. Absolutely nothing.

All the tutorials talk about having a logistics network. I guess I don't have that. I was just told that the basic pipes connect to chests and can put items in them and that a chassis with a quicksort helps sort stuff into those pipes and then chests...

But nothing even sorts. The pipes don't do anything. They just stay in the same chest, and the tiny little lights on the chassis pipe are red and orange which from the tutorials I've read means they're not working for some reason. The power box thing is full, but I guess it has no Network? How do I get a Network-

I'm only sorta familiar with buildcraft and it has nothing like that...I've never used ME either but like I guess the network is the same. What item do I need to use to get a network?

I can't upload an image right now, it won't let me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A "network" just means the controller has power, and everything (controller + inventories) is connected by at least basic pipes.
In order to move things from A to B, you need to put specific pipes or chassis on the inventories. Some will be providers, others will be consumers.

I don't recall all the specifics, but I learned how to use all that stuff via the power of youtube.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I don't recall all the specifics, but I learned how to use all that stuff via the power of youtube.
Same here. The first place I started to learn about it was actually here; its probably very out of date now (oh the nostalgia) but you never know.