Logistics Pipes + Storage Drawers System HELP!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • The FTB Forum is now read-only, and is here as an archive. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
O

OCDavid

edit:
THIS POST IS SOLVED!

Hello community,

I am having a bad headache today and minecraft is the reason, I need your help. :)

I am playing ftb infinity evolved version 1.7.10 on expert mode.

I wan't to build a storage system using logistics pipes mod and storage drawers mod, so here is what I have done so far;

I have crafted the following: storage drawers - drawer controller - logistics request table - logistics power junction - basic logistics pipe - chassis logistics pipe + extractor upgrade - requester logistics pipe

I have tried to setup the system in a million different ways, but here is how I think it is suppose to be connected.

The power junction should be powered by some power source.

Then connect the power junction with the request table using the basic logistics pipe.

Connect the request table with the storage drawers using basic logistics pipe and one request logistics pipe closest to the request table.

Now I should be able to see the stuff I have in the drawers, right???? but I dont....

I have also tried to connect a chest with a chassis pipe + extractor pipe so I can dump items directly into the system through the chest. I managed to be able to fill up the system using the chest, but it seems that the range of the drawer system is shortened dramatically.

Thx
OCDavid

Last edited:

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
LP terminology can be a bit confusing. It all makes sense, terminology is used correctly and consistently, but until you "get it" it will be confusing.

A request pipe can be used to request items from the system, those items will then be moved into the inventory the request pipe is connected to.

A request table is a request pipe and inventory in one, you use the table just as a request pipe, and the items are moved into the table inventory.
To request items, you need those items to be available for request. In other words, they need to be "provided." So you need a "provider-pipe" that is connected to the inventory that stores those items. Or a Provider module in a chassis, which is probably better, more flexible.

An extraction module placed in a chassis pipe extract items from an inventory into the system, as long as there is a place where those items can be moved to. You would use this to extract items from an input chest (example: an ender-chest where you dump stuff into while you are on a mining trip)

To provide a place for those items to go, you need to connect the destination with an item sink module placed inside a chassis pipe connected to the desired inventory.

To make a simple storage and request system with LP and storage drawers:

1) Place a chassis pipe next to drawer controller.

2) Put a Polymorphic ItemSink module in the chassis next to the controller. (this allows items to be moved to the drawer)

3) Put a Provider module in the chassis next to the controller. (this allows you to request the items from the drawers)

4) Connect the before mentioned chassis pipe to a LP-system, with basic pipes. (note: you can also use BC-pipes, as long as each intersection is a LP-pipe, but using only LP pipes is better/faster)

5) Somewhere in the LP-system, place a logistics power junction next to a basic LP-pipe, and connect a power source to it, to power the system. This block does not act as a pipe, so don't place it in line with a pipe, only next to one.

6) Somewhere else in the LP-system, place your request table next to a LP-pipe. Or connect a request pipe to a LP-pipe. (this allows you to request items from any inventory connected to the system with provider modules)

7) (optional) Somewhere else in the LP-system, use a chassis pipe with an extractor module placed next to an input chest. (everything dumped into this chest, that has a destination, will be extracted from this chest, the ItemSink modules provide destinations) I would advise using an extractor module MK3 as the others are very slow.

Reactions: ICountFrom0
O

OCDavid

That was a nice answer, thank you for that.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I followed your instructions and I can now request items from the drawers using the request table. However, I am not able to make the drop chest function properly.

I have connected a chassis pipe with an extractor module inside it, to the basic pipeline and a chest. For some reason nothing is being extracted into the system, the items just stay in the chest.

Also I cannot use the request table to send items back into the storage system.

Any clue as to why?

O

OCDavid

I figured it out.

I had missed the point of the polymorphic item sink module. So I basically just had to put in the items manually before I could use the drop chest.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Yes, sorry, my fault, I forgot to mention that the polymorphic item sink does require the inventory to be pre-populated with the items you want to store in that inventory.

Alternatively, you can use a normal item sink module and configure its filter, but storage drawers have their own way of filtering so a polymorphic item sink is way easier to use in this case.

Using a basic LP-pipe, you can set a default destination. Choose a large chest, place a basic LP-pipe next to it (if there isn't one already) and open it up with a wrench. There should be button somewhere in its GUI to set it to its default route.

Now the extractor module will extract *all* items (as long are the chest still has room) and send everything that doesn't have its own unique destination to that chest.