Logistics Pipes Autocrafting Question

Dr.Hofman25

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys,
Got a problem or better said a question which will, if it's no, easily solve my problem.
So what i want to do is: Setup a system that automatically crafts diamonds from industrial diamonds (which also get crafted by the system, so the whole process from a coal to a diamond will be covered in the system). And now, is it possible to do this completely automatic and completely means for me, without using a request pipe to request a diamond for the system to do crafting, i ask. So it should continually craft these diamonds without some interaction from me except putting the needed items in the main chest.

I googled something about an hour about this and found nothing (maybe i just did it wrong, idk) but you're my last hope here!

Thanks for your answers,
cheers

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
You could have a supplier pipe on a chest to keep stored serveral diamonds. That way the system would recraft them as soon as you pull some out.
If you want infinite diamonds, put another chest (or barrel) nearby and pull the diamonds out of the first chest as soon as they arrive. IMPORTANT! The second chest MUST NOT be connected to your LP network.

Dr.Hofman25

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your response Sidorion,
Tried that with the supplier pipe now but it's still not working. The system doesn't automatically craft the diamonds to supply the chest, it only makes the coal dust with the macerator, sends it back to the source chest and then keeps it and doesen't send it to the crafting pipe which should craft the coal balls.
Added the two images below where you can see my setup of this.
iwu8sl.jpg

14e401d.jpg

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
First, don't use extractor modules/pipes. The crafting product needs to enter the network as a result of the crafting request. The crafting pipe should extract the product itself.
Second, your production chain is broken. The two compressors need crafting pipes, too. The Itemsink modules do not react on the crafting request of the final supplier pipe.
Basically you mix 'on stock' crafting with 'on demand' crafting.
Coal balls are only produced if there's enough coal dust but coal dust is only crafted when coal balls are needed. Same goes for coal chunks and compressed coal balls.

You either can switch all your crafting pipes to MKII with item sink and extractor or switch all itemsinks with crafting pipes. I'd suggest the first option because then you can switch the supplier pipe to an itemsink, too and can have access to your diamonds with LP (you save the second chest) Only problem here would be to balance the speeds of the various steps to you dont get any surplus production.

Dr.Hofman25

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i tried both of your suggestions now. The one with the MK2 modules didn't work at all, the macerator did his work but the crafting tables received the dust and the flint but immediately sended it back to the source chest so it was not able to craft.

Then i tried the one with the crafting pipes and this works fine, the only problem i got here is, that the crafting pipes extract the items too slow, i might remember that i had this setup before and that was the problem why i switched to Chassis with Extractor MK3.

So is it possible to speed up those crafting pipes? Or maybe i did something wrong with Chassis method? Cause if i could use that one everything will work as i want it to.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
In the chassis method, an extracted item searches for the highest priority and the nearest target. It lead too far, explaining priorities and routing calculations here in the forums. Maybe you read the LP wiki instead or watch DW20's great three part mod spotlight.

To speed the autocrafting, you can use crafting pipe MKII. This one crafts multiple items at a time. No need to use MKIII in your case - that one is not faster than MKII but has an additional internal buffer for unstackable items.