Logistic Pipes for 1.4.7 or 1.5 forwards?

roaringtiger1717

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching some videos on youtube lately and i've noticed that most sorting systems are used with logistic pipes. Are there any other sorting systems out there? because I think logistic pipes isn't updated. If you have suggestions for sorting systems please give a thorough answer. Thanks

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to stay with the FTB Modpacks there isnt any option to include Logistic Pipes. If you are playing on your own and want to add them, there are several unofficial updates for 1.4.7, I dont know about 1.5

Staying with the FTB Modpacks you have several other choices for sorting systems:
1. "Wall of Barrels" - either with Routers from Factorization or with Tubes
Pro: Easy to set up
Contra: Could get really really big and you need to walk "The Wall" up and down to find your items

2. Sorting Machines from Redpower
Pro: You have Chests, not too hard to set up (Give Direwolf20 Season5 a go if you are looking forward to do that, like episode 10 I think)
Contra: At least on my side Redpower causes a bit of lag

3. Applied Energistics
Pro: variety of possibilitys, including autocrafting, really compact
Contra: For a whole system you need a stable and big energy income, so its more lategame the the other options. The other thing is that you likely wont Have chests, this is a bit awkward the first couple hours.

If you are interested in either Applied Energistics or the Redpower method, give Direwolf20 on Youtube a go, he made a really nice spotlight on Applied Energistics and a (little!) bit of Sorting with Redpower in his Lets Play Season 5.

PS: of course the Pros and Cons are only a tiny bit of the whole list, its just the things which come to my mind first.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to stay with the FTB Modpacks there isnt any option to include Logistic Pipes.
/snip

Incorrect, the unofficial port of Logistics Pipes is in Slow's Stream Pack. Copy it, and the config file into ultimate (or w/e) and you're golden.

That said, I'd strongly recommend considering Applied Energistics. Check out Direwolf20's spotlight to see the details.

Reactions: NosePicker5555

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The Logistics Pipes config Slow uses happens to not be compatible with Ultimate. I get the feeling this is deliberate as Slow's pack is meant to be for Slow and anyone wanting to follow along with his livestream and that's it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The Logistics Pipes config Slow uses happens to not be compatible with Ultimate. I get the feeling this is deliberate as Slow's pack is meant to be for Slow and anyone wanting to follow along with his livestream and that's it.
Only two IDs need to be changed from the default config to make it compatible with ultimate so really it's a bit moot.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Exactly, just copy the configs as well as the mod and you're golden.
The configs for slows stream do not work for ultimate is what he was saying so you'd have to change them no matter if you downloaded it from Jenkins or from slows stream pack.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Never tried them myself personally. I was going on what velo said.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I might have been remembering a different mod, sorry. There's at least one mod in Slow's pack that won't work without modifying the configs in Ultimate, anyway.

BananaSplit2

Jul 29, 2019
If you cannot change 2 poor numbers in a config file then what the hell ?

I personally switched the 2 IDs to 8000 and 8001 and it worked fine

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
That's all well and good, but if you have to change the configs yourself then you run the risk of becoming incompatible with future versions of modpacks down the road without constantly making those config changes every time you update. If you're fine with that then yeah, there's no problem. :)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
That's all well and good, but if you have to change the configs yourself then you run the risk of becoming incompatible with future versions of modpacks down the road without constantly making those config changes every time you update. If you're fine with that then yeah, there's no problem. :)
You have to change the configs everytime the pack is updated no matter what.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to try making my point clear one more time then I'm going to bail on this argument because people are failing to understand what I'm driving at. Here goes nothing:

If the FTB packs update in the future and actually add the mod and they use different IDs to what you're currently set to, it will break your world and will require repairs. Making the adjustments again after that point will pull your personal worlds out of sync with FTB defaults. I have made an entire config pack on the basis of avoiding that problem at all costs.

If it doesn't bother you, then there's no problem and go nuts adding it in; as people have said, it isn't hard. What is hard is getting a world with non-standard configs to play nice with the modpacks in the long term. For the same reason, I include support for non-FTB mods in my config pack as optional extras precisely because I cannot guarantee that I won't have to break people's worlds the next time the official packs update. I've already had to redo Ampz support once.

trimagnus

Jul 29, 2019
If the FTB packs update in the future and actually add the mod and they use different IDs to what you're currently set to, just copy your old Logistics Pipes config to the updated pack configs. Obviously, don't open your world save until you do this. It is only two ID's that need changing, hardly difficult (for this one mod, at least) to keep up with the changes. If you know enough to change a config once, you can do it again with a pack update...

edit: I only argue this point because I absolutely love Logistics Pipes and would love to see more of the current FTB'ers playing with it.

roaringtiger1717

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to stay with the FTB Modpacks there isnt any option to include Logistic Pipes. If you are playing on your own and want to add them, there are several unofficial updates for 1.4.7, I dont know about 1.5

Staying with the FTB Modpacks you have several other choices for sorting systems:
1. "Wall of Barrels" - either with Routers from Factorization or with Tubes
Pro: Easy to set up
Contra: Could get really really big and you need to walk "The Wall" up and down to find your items

2. Sorting Machines from Redpower
Pro: You have Chests, not too hard to set up (Give Direwolf20 Season5 a go if you are looking forward to do that, like episode 10 I think)
Contra: At least on my side Redpower causes a bit of lag

3. Applied Energistics
Pro: variety of possibilitys, including autocrafting, really compact
Contra: For a whole system you need a stable and big energy income, so its more lategame the the other options. The other thing is that you likely wont Have chests, this is a bit awkward the first couple hours.

If you are interested in either Applied Energistics or the Redpower method, give Direwolf20 on Youtube a go, he made a really nice spotlight on Applied Energistics and a (little!) bit of Sorting with Redpower in his Lets Play Season 5.

PS: of course the Pros and Cons are only a tiny bit of the whole list, its just the things which come to my mind first.

Thanks a lot i've decided to go for applied energistics :D how? ultimate hybrid solar panelS is how anyways thanks for the barrels and redpower i'll be sure to make those some other time but for now applied energistics FOR THE WIN!

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any other sorting systems out there? because I think logistic pipes isn't updated. If you have suggestions for sorting systems please give a thorough answer. Thanks

Logistic Pipes is updated. Here's the Jenkins site for it:
http://ci.thezorro266.com/

Granted this is more bleeding edge than most people are used to, but that is different than saying "it isn't updated."

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
There is an update release, but its not quite right to tell "Logistic Pipes is updated". The official release of Logistic Pipes is from Krapht. It was his idea and his code, everything whats not from Krapht is an unofficial update.

Edit: Better even not update than port.