Logistic Crafting System with Furnaces and Co?

FinnGlinkMovies

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
Im trying to automate all my stuff with logistic pipes.
And now im stuck at things like: Auto-Smelting Steaks or making rails in the rolling machine.
Is there any way to communicate with those devices over LP? Or is manual operation the only way to go?

Greetings,
FinnGlinkMovies

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Just hook a crafting pipe to the machine and tell it the recipe (You'll have to put in the raw materials and the product yourself; the crafting pipe can only import from the autocrafting table).
Perhaps you'll have to use a satellite pipe to insert into the right slot (e.g. to add coal to the fuel slot of the furnace you'll have to add a satellite to the side of the furnace like you'd do with hoppers).
You can even automate combinations of several machines as e.g. a pulverizer and a redstone furnace.

Watch DW20's mod spotlight to LP, he eplains everything.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I think Dire said he was surprised, but the crafting pipe successfully imported from a rolling machine for him.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. This nice little gadget simply exports the mats to the adjacent inventory and waits for the product to appear and pulls it out. This way it works with all machines which have an inventory. I have not met any machine that did not work, yet.
There is even a fluid satellite pipe to provide liquids to the machine (like a carpenter).
Watch out for TE machines. You'll have to put the pipe on a blue side. It'll pull the product out from that side, too so no need for an output on the TE machine (unless ofc. you have a multipart setup like the pulverizer/furnace above).

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
I have not met any machine that did not work, yet.

Have you tried with any of the Forestry machines that don't have a 'standard' inventory (Carpenter, Thermionic Fabricator for example)? I seem to recall Dire demoing a Carpenter not working in his spotlight, but ofc that may have changed.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I've successfully supplied the still, the carpenter and the fermenter with supplier pipes (fluid and solid), but no autocrafting, yet. Sorry.
I used the fabricator always manually, yet. I see no use for automation here. And I did not dig deeply enough into beebreeding to need alvearies.
Maybe when I finally start the mass production of tracks in my current world I'll automate a carpenter (Maybe a nice project for the weekend).