Logic gate replacement programs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
In the Apmz + Ultimate == Awesome thread (I think) someone lamented the loss of redpower logic gates and asked about replacements.

At the time, I suggested that computercraft could be used as relatively low cost replacements and I've started writing up some programs and pastebin'ing them for my own use because I thought it was a really good idea.

So far I've completed a few:

OR gate: 8CQEhAWh
XOR gate: 1d7MyK9e
AND gate: thBxJ8vL
Sequencer: sKjuWUvG

Next on the to do list is the timer.

I also have a very simple room maker (d0cbES1s) that will dig out a rectangular room x by z by y blocks (takes 3 arguments, length, width, height). It makes no effort to empty inventory because I've never cared to, but I get extensive use out of it so I figured I'd share. I tried to write it to be moderately fuel efficient.

Edit: Finished sequencer. It works like I remember the RP2 sequencer working (set a time and it just runs forever). Made a couple of edits to the XOR and OR gates to fix stupid. Haven't tested those yet.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Check my signature for one I have already made, if you want you can add to it.

My one has file saving so that if you leave and come back it remembers the gate being used

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
What does pastebin'ing mean? Like copying programs directly into the CC file? (Inside the FTB folder, obviously)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
What does pastebin'ing mean? Like copying programs directly into the CC file? (Inside the FTB folder, obviously)

it copies the code onto a pastebin file
for example here is a pastebin of my logic gates code: Link
you can run this to download: pastebin get [code after pastebin.com in URL] [filename]
you can run this to put on pastebin: pastebin put [filename]

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, VikeStep. I considered the all-in-one approach but got lazy. I didn't want to have to deal with different argument types in the same program (timer, number of sides for the and gate, etc).

Very cool though. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1373546229][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice! It looks pretty good, but to be quite honest I prefer immbis's gates.

Oh, sure. Immbis' gates or the PRC are probably much better choices for a lot of reasons, but I was trying to offer a good, cheap alternative for 1.5.2 folks who are used to redpower