Logging/Protecting against certain items

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
List of items that I need help with that requires logging and protection.

Barrel - Left click event, GP doesnt block it.
OmniWrench - Logging and Protection. All Wrenches actually.

Any idea what plugins protect this? LWC is not what I am looking for.

Addidionally

Turtles - turtle.suck(),turtle.place(),turtle.dig()
Mining Lazer
Varja

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
There are no plugins at this time, that i know of that do this. Since plugins are designed for "vanilla bukkit" they only partually support mods.
These days plugin devs see the fact that a lot of modded servers are out there and make sure there plugins can run with mods, but we are not at the stage YET that the plugin devs actualy adapt there plugins to prevent griefing or stuff like this fully!

There might be a change that ForgeEssentials takes care of this but i am not sure.

I Agree that a nice protection plugin designed for modded server would be awsome, a adapted grief prevention would be a dream but at this point its not out there yet.

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume protecting left clicks for GP would be easy to modify where you just add a line that listens for left click events in addition to the right click events.

How about mods or anything? Is there a mod out there that uses both forge and bukkit api that is able to intercept mod events?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
One that works with both API's, not at this point. Even forge essentials cant use bukkit since it creates some of the hooks bukkit needs and conflicts with it if you install MCPC, i might be wrong here and that they modified there code not to add these hooks anymore.

And i dont know about a protection plugin that will disable left click per zone yet.

but we could always try and contact the creator of GP and ask him if he could update a fix for this.

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
How about a plugin that denies protected area entry without permission. Anything EXCEPT MyTown. It doesnt like to work with essentials and some other things

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
One that works with both API's, not at this point. Even forge essentials cant use bukkit since it creates some of the hooks bukkit needs and conflicts with it if you install MCPC, i might be wrong here and that they modified there code not to add these hooks anymore.
It's planned, as and when we get official bukkit integration from forge.

Tsugaga

Jul 29, 2019
GP locks any block from being broken or opened while in a claim, just add the id's to the GP config at the bottom. As for barrels, use the Secure Chests plugin. I have this plugin just so players can lock barrels.

The only thing I haven't figured out how to protect against is mining turtles, laser, piston chest plate, and vajra.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
GP locks any block from being broken or opened while in a claim, just add the id's to the GP config at the bottom. As for barrels, use the Secure Chests plugin. I have this plugin just so players can lock barrels.

The only thing I haven't figured out how to protect against is mining turtles, laser, piston chest plate, and vajra.

OmniWrench isnt protecting the machines from being broken in the protected region

How i personally do this, add those items to only useable on a "Mining world" to prevent griefing, or add them to a "trusted" rank. So less grief intended players will try hop and grief.

Also by the time they get those "Trusted" ranks, most players set up shields on the server, still is the best grief prevention i think :p

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
If im not wrong, all wrenches are not protected as they are not the proper break event and thus not blocked by GP. And if you say to add those items to trusted, are you saying that you are gonna make the mods unplayable until you get trusted? Illogical isnt it?

Tsugaga

Jul 29, 2019
I currently use GP and have added all the machine id's to the config and it does prevent it from being removed with wrenches.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
If im not wrong, all wrenches are not protected as they are not the proper break event and thus not blocked by GP. And if you say to add those items to trusted, are you saying that you are gonna make the mods unplayable until you get trusted? Illogical isnt it?

Dont bite! what i have seen it is only the hammer that is a issue, il do some testing later on to see if i cant mash something up.

Delnaga

Jul 29, 2019
Not to derail the topic, but Greedseed im on a server running GP and tekkit customizer. Is there a way to limit an item to certain worlds only? Or would that require a separate plugin?
Tryn to run as few plugins as possible.

Tsugaga

Jul 29, 2019
Not to derail the topic, but Greedseed im on a server running GP and tekkit customizer. Is there a way to limit an item to certain worlds only? Or would that require a separate plugin?
Tryn to run as few plugins as possible.
You can use Tekkit Customizer for this. Ban the item and then use permissions to allow the item in the worlds you want. So you ban the item, and then for worlds B and C you give the perm tekkitcustomizer.ID.DV.BanType, ID is the id, DV is the data value, and BanType is own/place/use etc, or just use *. Example for glass would be tekkitcustomizer.20.0.*