Load FTB Infinity Faster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ParasiticSoul

Jul 29, 2019
So I am trying to load FTB Infinity and the damn thing takes more then 90 seconds.

Now your probably thinking "Man 90 seconds omg I wish my game loaded that fast" but this is killing me

Every game I have loads in less time:
Battlefield 4 = 45s
ARMA 3 = 50s
Dayz SA = 55s
CSGO = 20s
Computer Boot Time: >30s (From cold start)

I do have an SSD but because I only have 240GB I am trying to keep non "essential" stuff off of the drive.

Are there any settings or "pre-loads" I can do to speed the launch time up?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Welcome to a poorly coded java game, that's been hacked to allow for mods.

You have basically killed the only thing that will load it faster with nixing the SSD. Sorry.

Well, apart from removing some mods. But removing mods will break the expert mode if you want to play it.

ParasiticSoul

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to a poorly coded java game, that's been hacked to allow for mods.

You have basically killed the only thing that will load it faster with nixing the SSD. Sorry.

Well, apart from removing some mods. But removing mods will break the expert mode if you want to play it.

Welp on the SSD it goes

Selway

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. This pack is probably the fastest loading heavily modded pack I have ever played. Consider yourself lucky at 90 seconds as well.

Last edited:

343N

Jul 29, 2019
i know this is ftb infinity evolved but my resonant rise pack takes a good 3-5 minutes to load

Selway

Jul 29, 2019
i know this is ftb infinity evolved but my resonant rise pack takes a good 3-5 minutes to load

Yeah I hear ya. That pack has all sorts of problems. For me at least, SkyFactory2 is the only AT launcher pack I have not had serious issues with. I'm so thankful for FTB Infinity. I spend all my time playing instead of wrestling with lag, bad load times and broken worlds.