Living in the Nether?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

beingben

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started hosting a server, and I'm very interested in a plugin to allow the same Ores from the Overworld to spawn in the Nether. I have a few people who want to just live directly in the nether. Which is fine and dandy but not without some adjustment to make ores transfer over. I've been doing a little searching but nothing seems to work as of now that I have found just yet.

Any further help or knowledge would be much appreciated.

Lavious

Jul 29, 2019
Tekkit had a nether ore's mod. A quick search pulled up a few, so google should be your friend here. The thing that made Tekkit's fun was they were a bit 'unstable' and might blow up on you. =) Good times....living in the nether is an adventure.

Unfortntionally, any worldgen mod like that would most likely require a map restart(or at least going into unexplored areas).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, if you want to live in the nether it'd also be a good idea to have water in the nether so you can grow plants and sugarcane, otherwise it can become pretty difficult to get food in the nether.
there are still the options of mushroom soup and bringing animals to the nether with the nether portal, but then you still have the problem of no sugarcane that you need to make books.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
As silly as it sounds - Forestry tree farms have no need for water, and the carpenter can make paper out of wood pulp, so there's your books. The carpenter does need water, but the aqueous accumulator will generate some internally that you can pipe around, even if it's impossible to have free water sourceblocks in the nether.

beingben

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've tried the Nether ores mod though and it crashes my CreeperHost server ever time. I will just be patient and wait for someone to make a more compatible mod for FTB. Thanks for the replies.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Aqueous Accumulator doesn't work in the Nether. You can't get water without Overworld.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
You could farm cacti and squeeze them to produce water if you need some for crafting. Just tested it on a creative world and have a tank of water sitting quite happily there.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can place oil in the Nether and it hydrates crops and allows sugarcan to be planted
That seems like a bug that should be fixed.

You could farm cacti and squeeze them to produce water if you need some for crafting. Just tested it on a creative world and have a tank of water sitting quite happily there.
Hmm, didn't remember that. So you can get water but you need some cactus first which again is only obtainable from the Overworld so you can't start without it.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
That seems like a bug that should be fixed.

Hmm, didn't remember that. So you can get water but you need some cactus first which again is only obtainable from the Overworld so you can't start without it.
One must advance first in order to get a portal, so it's logical to take some resources before you go.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Redpower pumps might be able to place water source blocks, if not there's an UU recipe (2 UU - 1 in the middle, 1 middle-bottom I think) for water source block.
Be careful- spilt water will ruin the look of the nether.

If you can make do without blocky sources- an aqueous accumulator and liquid transposer in the overworld leading into an enderchest would be quite useful.

Reactions: rdemay91

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
One must advance first in order to get a portal, so it's logical to take some resources before you go.
Well the original post kind of said that the players would actually start in the Nether. It would be pretty much impossible with only the ores, though. You kind of can't do anything without rubber or wood.

YourMajestyCaleb

Jul 29, 2019
Also there is always that loot from nether fortresses. Not sure if you can edit those spawn rates and add rubber saplings and cactuses.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a liquid you can spill over lava to get obsidian?
The more you know...
Is this found inside these huge hives?