List of Soul Shards

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Monkeyman611

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been looking all over but couldn't find a definitive list of all the possible mobs that could become soul shards in the DW20 pack. Here is my list, let me know if I'm missing any! (25 in total)

angry zombies
bats
blaze
cat
cave spider
chicken
cow
creeper
enderman
firebats
ghast
magma cube
mooshroom
ocelot
pig
sheep
skeleton
silverfish
slime
spider
witch
wither skeleton
wolf
zombie
zombie pigman

Mobs that cannot become shards:
All Twlight Forest Mobs
Ender Dragon
Iron Golem
Snow Golem
Squid
Villagers
Wither (boss)

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get cows? I kill cows with a soul shard in hand and it doesn't do anything.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
you should add in the "Can't become shards section" all the twilight forest mobs, the wither and the dragon. They are mobs after all.

you also forgot ocelot/cat, iron golem and snow golem

Reactions: SpitefulFox

thedeester1

Jul 29, 2019
None of the Mobs added by mods can be collected...Ie Angry zombie....Whisp...etc
I just tried to build a level 5 Ghast spawner....That doesnt seem to work either....Thats a waste of a few weeks and thousands of arrows!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
None of the Mobs added by mods can be collected...Ie Angry zombie....Whisp...etc
I just tried to build a level 5 Ghast spawner....That doesnt seem to work either....Thats a waste of a few weeks and thousands of arrows!

Bearing in mind I have an angry zombie shard.
Ghasts worked fine in my test world, though I can see why building one legit would be a pain in the backside...​

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get cows? I kill cows with a soul shard in hand and it doesn't do anything.
i have a tier 5 cow shard. you don't kill the mob with the shard either, it just has to be in your hotbar. also is the shard you're using already attuned to another mob? those are the only issues i can come up with

Reactions: Dreossk

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
No it was not attuned and it wasn't doing anything, after that I killed a skeleton the same way with the same shard and it worked for him.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
No it was not attuned and it wasn't doing anything, after that I killed a skeleton the same way with the same shard and it worked for him.

Check your soul shards version, it's a relatively recent update that allows passive mobs to be in Soul Shards.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019

Angry Zombies do work since at least a month or so, to be honest can't remember when they didn't work.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Something that needs to be added, a sort of round about way of getting a villager spawner, it's possible to make a zombie villager spawner, as they are hostile mobs, and then after they're spawned, you could create some sort of automated/semi-automated way of healing them back into normal villagers.

I have one of those shards, and will possibly make one sometime in the distant future.

It may end up being that you can't actually heal those to villagers to prevent this? but at the very least, you can create a zombie villager spawner

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
I finished creating my villager zombie spawner last night and cured the first zombie. Got a beekeeper. I'm doing this to repopulate a village that I was unsuccessful in keeping safe in early game. My plan is to cure two villagers and then let them breed. I will always have the spawner in case I need to repopulate again.