List of Other Mods and Compatibility with Current Packs

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
go to the topic, see:

if it needs modloader: works
if it needs forge: works
neither: doesn't

done

(every mod that is modloader compatible works with forge, and if it works with forge, works with every other non forge mod)
what topic?

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
go to the topic, see:

if it needs modloader: works
if it needs forge: works
neither: doesn't

done

(every mod that is modloader compatible works with forge, and if it works with forge, works with every other non forge mod)

Not so fast!

NEARLY all mods are at least to some extent compatible due to the Forge API, and that's quite dreamy, 'tis true. However, it is perfectly possible to code two modifications such that they interfere with each other. For instance, there's currently a conflict with PluginsForForestry and Xeno's Reliquary--a bug I really need to get around to reporting once I get back to my workstation--where Liquid Roundup attempts to mark one of Xeno's items as a valid liquid and it doesn't work out so well--the client completely crashes.

Also, @OP a friend recommended Bibliocraft to me and it looks fantastic. I haven't tested with it yet but it's supposedly written purposefully to have its display cases compatible with other mods. Worth a look.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Not so fast!
Also, @OP a friend recommended Bibliocraft to me and it looks fantastic. I haven't tested with it yet but it's supposedly written purposefully to have its display cases compatible with other mods. Worth a look.
Yeah, I already had that in the OP, but thanks!

just a question, would mods that need their own API's to work be compatible, for example TheBombzen's Mods and AutoSwitch

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Would it not make more sense to just list the mods that you expect to be compatible but aren't for <insert reason>? Seems rather pointless to make a list of compatible mods because I know damn sure that you're not going to maintain an almost infinite list.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this, thank you for also listing what minor problems each mod has. :)
You are welcome
The mod topic
Sorry for forgetting a word.
OK, I am going to reword the post, lets change this to "List of mods, with compatibility notes on the side"
Would it not make more sense to just list the mods that you expect to be compatible but aren't for <insert reason>? Seems rather pointless to make a list of compatible mods because I know damn sure that you're not going to maintain an almost infinite list.
Well, what if that is what I want to do, I mean there isn't an infinite amount of mods, but there is a large number of them and i know very few of them so I want to find out about them so that I can add them to my custom pack for myself. Others may find this useful if they wish to make a custom pack or they just want to find out some more mods that they have never heard of.

DorkyHippy1381

Jul 29, 2019
not compatible with biomes o' plenty, :( <-if anyone knows how to get around this, hit me up. mining mod, and grey goo are incompatible. i got the backpack, the light saber, craft guide, enchanting plus, falling meteors, fossils, ruins, and the tf2 teleporter to work.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Better Than Wolves is deliberately designed to not play well with anything and doesn't run on Forge at all.

Well, deliberately isn't the right word. Perhaps it would be more correct to say it's deliberately not designed to play well (note the distinction between this and being deliberately designed not to play well.)

Anyway, most mods are compatible, as others have pointed out.

BaraNoToge

Jul 29, 2019
Should be noted, I just updated my FTB launcher and found out that not all mods that require the forge are compatible. Apparantly Pet Bats mod by AtomicStryker does not work. My game will start loading then the console will tell me it is apparantly incompatible due to a class error or something.

Nvm. Turns out that his version of his mod is updated to the latest forge and my launcher only has the 6.x version.