Liquid transposer - 10k coolant cells

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Teun

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to make some overclockers, but what is the fluid displayed on the right side in this picture:
liquidthingy.png

IBurn36360

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like crushed ice as far as color goes. Hover over it and it should have a tooltip to tell you =)

IBurn36360

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, assuming that the Texture pack your using didn't deviate off of the color for the liquids, it should be crushed ice. I will prolly do some testing later on tonight to confirm that.

Teun

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, assuming that the Texture pack your using didn't deviate off of the color for the liquids, it should be crushed ice. I will prolly do some testing later on tonight to confirm that.
I put on the default texture on and it didn't display anything too.
And my texture pack is displaying a light blue color, the default one also.
But thanks for the testing. :)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that's coolant, which you get by pulling it out of the Coolant Cells. Basically that's telling you that you can put it back in. I think the ability to extract and pipe around the coolant is for use with the Combustion Engine.

Teun

Jul 29, 2019
It's coolant, tested it with a 10k coolant cell and let the transposer pump it out.
The bar filled up a bit.
Hopefully this can be fixed, so any developer that reads this... :)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, coolant was added as an option to cool combustion engines a few versions back. That means that it is a valid liquid, and all that that entails (liquid transposer, redpower pumps, iron tanks, etc.).

EDIT: Interestingly, that means that the recipe for coolant is 4 tin and a bucket of water, essentially (you surround a water cell with 4 tin and you get a coolant cell. In a transposer, you get the original cell back).

I wonder if any mod might implement that as a side-recipe (i.e. in a squeezer or still or suchlike) to get just the coolant back?

That might make getting the cells en masse quite a bit easier. Just have a tank full of coolant hooked up to a transposer, outputting to a chest/crafting system. Input cells, output product.