Liquid in iron tanks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hirsu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I was wondering if there's any way to detect the presence or absence of liquid inside a railcraft iron tank.
I've tried buildcraft gates but they don't seem to be able to detect it. Tank detectors only work on carts.

I could use some sort of setup which fills a bucket with the liquid then detects if the bucket is filled or not, but maybe you guys got any ideas?

Thanks!

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Which gates are you using? I was sure I had one working before. Maybe the gates you are trying are too basic?

ETA: Just checked and even the most basic gate works for me. Do you have the gate pipe connected to the valve block of the tank?

Hirsu

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried using an iron AND gate. I'll try a golden or diamond gate, see how things go :)

Edit: no luck with either gold or diamond AND gates. Changing the side I put the gate next to doesn't work either.

Edit 2: Apparently the gate needs to be next to a valve block for it to enable the liquid condition. Problem solved, thanks Skirty_007!

Reactions: Skirty_007