Liquid dyes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alucard Nightroad

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing the mindcrack mod pack and noticed all the liquid dyes, does anyone know where these come from or how we make them? it looks really cool and makes me want to build a tank room with railcraft tanks full of dye. :p

Alucard Nightroad

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find a recipe for them in NEI so I don't think they are.../sad puppy. time to go track down soaryn on IRC and bug him for a starter recipe for them then I guess. I have a massive cathedral for a base whenever Dire's pack comes out and I can update my server so I guess I am going to be spending a while clearing the basement for it....

Alucard Nightroad

Jul 29, 2019
/glomps SilvasRuin YAY!!! that does it. now to wait for mystcraft so I can make a plains world for flowers...for some reason I have the urge to make 7k tanks full of dyes.....[DOUBLEPOST=1356301304][/DOUBLEPOST]next question is what is the primer and how do you get it?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't started messing about with it, but I would assume that is either from Hannequin or Bonemeal, perhaps? Is there a liquid white dye? If not, there's your answer.

valhar2000

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know how to use liquid dyes once you have them? Can they be used in some way to craft the recipes that require dyes?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
NEI is your friend here.

You can use buckets/cans to store it and use that to craft.

There is also one of the automated crafting that has liquid inputs, so that you need only one bucket, the rest can be pure liquid, and will be used instead.
I do not remember what is the name of that block though, sorry.

EDIT:
Does anybody know how to use liquid dyes once you have them? Can they be used in some way to craft the recipes that require dyes?
Well, we always say "use the search", and when they do, we tell them that if the topic is dead for a month or more, they should be creating a new topic.
I find this quite a bit disturbing and inconsistent, even if I understand the problems that can be caused by necro in environments that tend to change a lot every updates (potentially old information not being true anymore)

SkinnyTurtles

Jul 29, 2019
Is their any point to making liquid dye over just storing it in a chest? It looks cool, but does it have a practical purpose?

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid dyes were completely deleted from the game without any warning or method to deal with it. SOOOOOOO many large railcraft tanks now sitting completely empty.

They were replaced with the inferior-in-every-single-possible-way-imaginable "molten" dyes. No matter what the color, they all look grey in the tanks and require more effort to manufacture.