Limiting item output (SOLVED)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been working on getting Witchery brews on demand from AE. Currently, the interface pushes the ingredients and bottles into a chest before a golem puts them into the kettle. Another golem pulls out the brews into a different chest, where they are imported to the ME system.

The problem is when I want to make them in larger quantities. The golem pulls out all of every ingredient, and then adds the bottles, so I only get one 'batch' of brews.

Is there any way to limit the flow of items such that one of each ingredient, and then the bottles, are put into the chest and no more is added until the first batch has been completed. I'd rather not repeatedly send small crafts if I wanted to make a large number of brews.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So, I've been working on getting Witchery brews on demand from AE. Currently, the interface pushes the ingredients and bottles into a chest before a golem puts them into the kettle. Another golem pulls out the brews into a different chest, where they are imported to the ME system.

The problem is when I want to make them in larger quantities. The golem pulls out all of every ingredient, and then adds the bottles, so I only get one 'batch' of brews.

Is there any way to limit the flow of items such that one of each ingredient, and then the bottles, are put into the chest and no more is added until the first batch has been completed. I'd rather not repeatedly send small crafts if I wanted to make a large number of brews.
The Me interface has a setting that prevents it from pushing in items if there are items already present. You could try that.
Also why not just have your second golem dump the brews into the ME interface? Saves space/components.

Reactions: RJS

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
The Me interface has a setting that prevents it from pushing in items if there are items already present. You could try that.
Also why not just have your second golem dump the brews into the ME interface? Saves space/components.
I never quite understood that setting, guess that's what it's for :p
I did have the items being taken by conduit back into the ME interface to save channels, but I guess that's a more efficient way. I'm currently prototyping a few things, and I imagine aesthetically I'll probably be hiding a lot of the ME stuff, so I may stick with the conduit from chest.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I never quite understood that setting, guess that's what it's for :p
I did have the items being taken by conduit back into the ME interface to save channels, but I guess that's a more efficient way. I'm currently prototyping a few things, and I imagine aesthetically I'll probably be hiding a lot of the ME stuff, so I may stick with the conduit from chest.
That setting is particularly useful for using the interface on multislot machines like the TE induction smelter. It prevents it from trying to smelt smelt that TE glass thing at the same time as Enderium ingots for example. Or when making lots of the glass it doesn't just fill both slots with lead.
Of course should the server/pc shut down or chunk get unloaded during a craft, then partial items for the craft can be left in the machine and the interface will refuse to export further.

If you have access to it, you can make Facades from BC in the Assembly table(the one with the lasers) and apply them to the Interface (or you could in 1.6). Pretty sure golems can still interact through the facade. This way it could just be a part of a wall.