Lightning?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I guess not.
To get rid of it, you'd have to get pretty far into Thaumcraft research.

Or if you really don't want to move and don't mind being a bit cheaty, just give yourself many Silverwood saplings and a Hoe of Growth, use the Hoe to grow the Silverwood which will create small Pure nodes, grow them almost next to each other so they'll combine and become bigger than the Unstable Node, if large enough, the two nodes will start to go towards the other.

(Do it somewhat apart from the unstable node so they don't get absorbed before they are large enough or you'll just make the unstable node stronger.)

I hear Slverood alone may help reduce the flux so it may be low enough that there is no lightning.
I don't know how effective it may be.

Sorry, I've lived near one of these (as in a couple blocks away), but I really didn't have that much lightning happening to me only like one every few (real) days, thought wisps were your main problem.

As far as I know, a non-flamable house and going underground may be the best options if you're getting lots of lightning.

Ups

Jul 29, 2019
The lightning only happened once, I just don't want it to happen again, haha. Nothing makes you jump at midnight like suddenly being struck by lightning. The Wisps themselves are a problem as the unstable node is close to my home. I've been killing them but it doesn't seem to reduce flux. It's probably convenient that I tend to live underground anyway.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The lightning only happened once, I just don't want it to happen again, haha. Nothing makes you jump at midnight like suddenly being struck by lightning. The Wisps themselves are a problem as the unstable node is close to my home. I've been killing them but it doesn't seem to reduce flux. It's probably convenient that I tend to live underground anyway.

As long as the node has that dark vortex it will not drop its flux below minimal and will contuse to create wisps.