Light

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm tired of placing and carrying torches all the time
I know of the sigil of the blood lamp to create a light but I haven't gotten into BM at all
Is there anything similar from botania?
If not - from other mods?
I'm playing infinity 1.7

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What are you actually trying to achieve? Placeable light sources or just being able to see?

If the latter, the night vision amulet from Runic Dungeons is fairly cheap (although you'll need a brewing stand as it needs a night vision potion in the recipe). It gives you permanent night vision effect while you're wearing it.

Reactions: trinityamc

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
What pack are you playing? That helps to know what mods to suggest.

Reliquary for example has a torch staff that eats all your torches and lets you place them at a distance for a slight cost. Ars Magicka has spells that can place light.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are you playing? That helps to know what mods to suggest.

Reliquary for example has a torch staff that eats all your torches and lets you place them at a distance for a slight cost. Ars Magicka has spells that can place light.
Infinity 1.7 as it says in my post
Am2 spell is tha best but don't have it in the pack neither reliquary

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah. Well, you've got Thaumic Tinkerer in the pack, so Hyperenergetic Nitor is an option. It's a portable light that generates around your character. It won't hang around in an area, but will let you see.

For placeables, you have Thaumcraft Nitor, EnderIO wireless lights, Immersive Engineering's Lanterns and Powered Lanterns, plus IC2's Illuminators. For the ground, you can also use Minefactory Relaoded's Roadlights. Project Red also has several types of Lamp. And finally Thermal Expansion has glowstone luminators and a second kind of lamp that's got a configurable color. Can't recall the name of that one.

And if you're not on a server, nothing stopping you from adding AM2.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Yea i want a light that I don't have to replace constantly
So infinite light to place down
But I'll definitely check out the hyperenergetic nitor
Sounds very useful