Lesser-known magic mods

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
So! I've had this idea to put together a small, magic-focused modpack with tech mods carefully chosen to support the magic mods. Toward that end, I'm looking to add a handful of lesser-known magic mods as well as worldgen stuff to balance out the tech end of the pack. Please recommend small but useful things, big full-on mods, whatever! I'll be happy to look into just about everything suggested here.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a lot of great TC addons. Personally I really like Thaumic Energistics, Thaumic Tinkerer and a very small one called Thaumic Expansion that adds one RF powered machine that can scan things you put inside which is a lot less annoying than throwing it on the ground.

Reactions: RedBoss

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Seconding ChromatiCraft. If you're anything like me, then sitting around a research table for hours on end is boring as hell. ChC actually has you going outside and doing things like exploring the world and experimenting with things. Its a very nice break from the traditional "make block, spend 16 hours at home working with block until magic happens" magic mods.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a lot of great TC addons. Personally I really like Thaumic Energistics, Thaumic Tinkerer and a very small one called Thaumic Expansion that adds one RF powered machine that can scan things you put inside which is a lot less annoying than throwing it on the ground.
Bravo. I have Thaumic Expansion and never used it. Thank you.

Reactions: epidemia78

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
These are all awesome suggestions! I already knew I was going to include Thaumic Tinkerer.
I notice that there are a lot of Thaumcraft addons.. are there whole other kinds of magic mod out there? I had a look at the Totemic Magic mod, but it's not updated to 1.7.10 despite some effort. There was a Prayer mod which added a "Prayer to Notch" item for Wyld's Ultra Hardcore Survival modpack, but I'm not sure if it's available right now.. that's a small but useful utility mod that I think is a worthy example.

I suppose I might look into mods that add Baubles and treasures. Maybe Runic Dungeons (which is really just another big dimension mod like Twilight Forest).

Any other ideas?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
AppleMilkTea. Haven't got around to use it myself yet but people seem to like it.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
AppleMilkTea. Haven't got around to use it myself yet but people seem to like it.
Hm. That's in a "Magical Girl" modpack being played by one of the Twitch streamers I follow. I'll have a look, but I don't read Japanese. It'll be interesting; apparently there IS some alchemy in it.