Lava Crystal Reactor

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
question: why do mass fabs explode when i try plugging in an EV source into the system? this is the second time I've lost a lot of work to that. Im feeding *32000* eu per tick to a mass fab directly off 160 steam turbines, but when i plug in an EV source it goes boom. Im quite confused with that...whats the point of EV if theres no machines that can handle it? I was trying to figure out how much EU i could get off a steam consumer->bridge->ev producer, and most of the important area of my factory floor just disappears along with a crater that would make the unabomber jealous.

ReachFreak117

Jul 29, 2019
question: why do mass fabs explode when i try plugging in an EV source into the system? this is the second time I've lost a lot of work to that. Im feeding *32000* eu per tick to a mass fab directly off 160 steam turbines, but when i plug in an EV source it goes boom. Im quite confused with that...whats the point of EV if theres no machines that can handle it? I was trying to figure out how much EU i could get off a steam consumer->bridge->ev producer, and most of the important area of my factory floor just disappears along with a crater that would make the unabomber jealous.

The steam turbines iirc produce 420 eu/packet. the massfab can take 512 eu/packet. there is no limit to the amount of packets, only the size of said packets that can be transfered. ev transfers 2048 eu/packet, so the mass fab explodes. use a few transformers and try again

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Only machines that can receive upgrades can use EV. The massfab cannot ever get EV directly.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of interest, how do you set up logistics pipes for bees? I have see the drone terminus module etc. in NEI but I have no idea how the work in practice

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Just out of interest, how do you set up logistics pipes for bees? I have see the drone terminus module etc. in NEI but I have no idea how the work in practice
For apiaries you just add the apiary refiller module to a chassis of some kind. This will pull out any bees and/or produce and return the princess and a drone of matching type. The drone terminus it merely an item sink for any drones that do not have another home. Usually to the extra bees machine that turns bees in to liquid DNA.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
in my setup, apiary refillers to keep the drones/princess cycle going. they pull the extra drones and items as well, its a 1 slot chassis on the alveary. between the alvearies is a basic logi pipe, and at the end where everything goes is another basic with defualt routes set for the items that travel that pipe.