Launcher won't Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
I have been on the forum for about 15 minutes so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.
My lenovo thinkpad is not launching ftb at all and I have been off for 5 days. I finally came here because I could not find the answer on google. The laptop gets to the screen where it says mojang in orange but when that should end, it crashes.
I have a lenovo thinkpad. It runs off windows. It was created in 2008.
The error report I was given is attached. Originally I pasted it but it was quite long so I decided to attach it

Attachments

• crash-2013-03-27_22.01.37-client.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 67

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I think one of the configs corrupted when being created. The easiest way of fixing this would be to delete that pack's folder and let it redownload.

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
I am very new with ftb. I have tried reinstalling it, but it doesn't seem to work. It says that it is my first time using the launcher, but the outcome is the same.
By the way. I would like to thankyou for responding.

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
I have deleted the ftblauncher in %appdata%. It is still not working. Do you have any other ideas?​

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
In the place where you have the launcher, there should be a folder called the name of the modpack you're trying to launch, as you can see here:
nhY9x5F.jpg
The ones I've crossed out are things I've added myself, the circled ones are the folders I'm talking about.
Try deleting whichever modpack you're trying to launch, it could be that it corrupted when you were downloading it.[DOUBLEPOST=1364509418][/DOUBLEPOST]It could also be that you can't run Minecraft, Thinkpads are pretty crap for gaming from memory.

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
It can't be memory, because my dad and I installed some more ram on my machine. Also I looked into it and it wont work. I did find somthing. Even though it is probably nothing, this was all I could find in my direwolf20 folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1364518420][/DOUBLEPOST]This was all that was in there, other than a file called version that isn't showing up.[DOUBLEPOST=1364518522][/DOUBLEPOST]Now, in a file I had that was also called direwolf20, there was a different story. It has LOTS of files in it compared to the direwolf 20 posted above.

Attachments

• logo_ftb.png
    logo_ftb.png
    3 KB · Views: 38
  • splash_FTB.png
    splash_FTB.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 40

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not talking about the ftblauncher folder in appdata/roaming, I'm talking about the same folder than your launcher.exe is in.

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
hmmmm[DOUBLEPOST=1364521701][/DOUBLEPOST]well now I am confused[DOUBLEPOST=1364521760][/DOUBLEPOST]where is my launcher.exe

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
It's the file you run when you start the launcher. Also, the one you downloaded from this website, if that helps identify it.

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any special way to get into it?[DOUBLEPOST=1364525960][/DOUBLEPOST]Again I am new to not using %appdata%. Please understand that.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, follow these steps.
1. Open the launcher
2. Go to Options
3. Look for the Install Folder text box. Now, open the folder that is shown there
4. In there, there should be folders for every pack you've downloaded. Delete the one you're having trouble with, then try running it again.

borisshoes

Jul 29, 2019
My launcher wont launch the console comes up and its stops gives a few errors and sits there no launcher i reinstalled the launcher multiple times and deleted all ftb related files what do i do?[DOUBLEPOST=1386805096][/DOUBLEPOST]This is what the console said:

AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.9)
Java version: 1.7.0_15
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 23.7-b01 by Oracle Corporation
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] remoteVer = 10
[i18n] localVer = 10
[i18n] Files are up to date
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
getCurrentDirectory(): C:\Users\Borisshoes
getSelectedFile() : C:\Users\Borisshoes\Downloads
getCurrentDirectory(): C:\Users\Borisshoes\Desktop
getSelectedFile() : C:\Users\Borisshoes\Desktop\FTB
From Console: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
From Console: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "12_00"
From Console: at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaInfo.<init>(JavaInfo.java:53)
From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaFinder.findJavas(JavaFinder.java:93)
From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion(JavaFinder.java:128)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.panes.OptionsPane.<init>(OptionsPane.java:128)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.<init>(LaunchFrame.java:504)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame$1.run(LaunchFrame.java:274)
From Console: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
From Console: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

JamesTorch

Jul 29, 2019
I have the exact same problem and it's been going on for a week, if someone could help that'd be very helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.