Launcher using JRE 6

balink

Jul 29, 2019
Launching an FTB pack from the FTB launcher uses the 64 bit Java 6, not 7. I am using Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit. Launching from the vanilla minecraft launcher uses the correct version.

drwhat

Jul 29, 2019
well thats a bummer, why is it incompatible with jre 7 now...

also im using the same settup as you, but with jre 7

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
This should only be the case for apple systems. I am running it perfectly fine on my Windows 8.1 system, if you do have an apple system and dont want to downgrade, i believe you can get the lwjgl version 2.9 instead. don't quote me on that, but I believe that is the case

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Launching an FTB pack from the FTB launcher uses the 64 bit Java 6, not 7. I am using Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit. Launching from the vanilla minecraft launcher uses the correct version.

I don't know what you have been smoking but that is not the case you need java 7 to run it not 6.

balink

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what you have been smoking but that is not the case you need java 7 to run it not 6.
What? I have literally no idea what you are saying...

This should only be the case for apple systems. I am running it perfectly fine on my Windows 8.1 system, if you do have an apple system and dont want to downgrade, i believe you can get the lwjgl version 2.9 instead. don't quote me on that, but I believe that is the case
It's likely not an issue with minecraft or it's libraries, because it runs with jre 7 with the normal minecraft launcher, with identical mods etc. I don't think it's an issue with 8.1, I believe it occurred with 8 as well.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You should be using the latest java 7. If you are using an old version it is a security risk for viruses to get into your system.

balink

Jul 29, 2019
You should be using the latest java 7. If you are using an old version it is a security risk for viruses to get into your system.
Hence the bug report. I am trying to use jre 7, but the FTB launcher insists upon using jre 6!