Launcher Update 1.2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
so what does any of this mean?
For most people nothing really, they just changed some of the back-end mechanics getting ready for the new launcher version 2. The real question is how will come out with the next update Mojang with Minecraft 1.7.0 or FTB with 1.6.0...lol.

milladamen

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! After updating the launcher today, I can't start the game. This is what it says:
(Three different attempts to start the game, by the way. After "Modpack is up to date." it doesn't do anything. )

[19:43:11] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame.doLogin:533: Logging in...
[19:43:16] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame$13.done:592: Login complete.
[19:43:16] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame.initializeMods:903: Unleashed
[19:43:16] [INFO] in Launcher ModManager.upToDate:296: Modpack is up to date.
[19:45:45] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame.doLogin:533: Logging in...
[19:45:48] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame$13.done:592: Login complete.
[19:45:48] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame.initializeMods:903: Unleashed
[19:45:48] [INFO] in Launcher ModManager.upToDate:296: Modpack is up to date.
[19:48:49] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame.doLogin:533: Logging in...
[19:48:51] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame$13.done:592: Login complete.
[19:48:51] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame.initializeMods:903: Unhinged
[19:48:51] [INFO] in Launcher ModManager.upToDate:296: Modpack is up to date.

TARTARUGAWIN

Jul 29, 2019
people I downloaded everything right but when I go INSTALLING speaks q qo login or password wrong station someone could help me I'm uzando the new launcher! someone could help me solve this problem??? and I have the original minecraft not know why q not giving this launcher to log in

jack_rasberry

Jul 29, 2019
I can't play any thing I play on the mac, and i have played on it before but as of the last couple months I can not play anything because it always says that i am crashing and i have had to delete all of my FTB files and it still did not work i am hoping all of the FTB team (including you, slowpoke ;D ) can fix the launcher and mod packs for the macs. I am about to download the newest IOS to see if it works BTW

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, how do you download the new launcher preview please ?

What preview? There is no v2 preview, if that's what you're talking about.
I can't play any thing I play on the mac, and i have played on it before but as of the last couple months I can not play anything because it always says that i am crashing and i have had to delete all of my FTB files and it still did not work i am hoping all of the FTB team (including you, slowpoke ;D ) can fix the launcher and mod packs for the macs. I am about to download the newest IOS to see if it works BTW
It's a problem with Apple's Java, and Forge, not with the launcher. You need to either downgrade your Java to 6 OR use Java 7 and update your LWJGL file in every modpack

dirtyriver

Jul 29, 2019
There's little info out there, but from what's been said on twitch streams several projects are being started. At least one should be a 1.6 pack. I' am guessing magic pack is first? Unleashed was mentioned, and they are trying to work out an issue for the new dire pack. There was mention of another project, but no hints as to what it was.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
There's little info out there, but from what's been said on twitch streams several projects are being started. At least one should be a 1.6 pack. I' am guessing magic pack is first? Unleashed was mentioned, and they are trying to work out an issue for the new dire pack. There was mention of another project, but no hints as to what it was.
The problem is not lack of 1.6.x mod packs (there are tons out there) the problem is that FTB can not even play 1.6.x vanilla Minecraft so mod even if you had 1 billion mod packs they would do nothing more then take up room on your hard-drive.

Starting to look like FTB well be the last of the launchers to make it work with 1.6.x...

Shoot I just want news I do not care how long it takes because I want a good working launcher without errors but that is to hard for Slowpoke to understand.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is not lack of 1.6.x mod packs (there are tons out there) the problem is that FTB can not even play 1.6.x vanilla Minecraft so mod even if you had 1 billion mod packs they would do nothing more then take up room on your hard-drive.

Starting to look like FTB well be the last of the launchers to make it work with 1.6.x...

Shoot I just want news I do not care how long it takes because I want a good working launcher without errors but that is to hard for Slowpoke to understand.

The devs probably have the alpha version working with 1.6. Probably. Of course, emphasis on the alpha, meaning they're probably still completing the launcher itself, but have it working with Minecraft.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
“That would be great news...IF they would announce it.​
Unv streams the launcher development all the time. Pretty sure it's been announced.

I hope this is true. Direwolf20 put out a 5 minute vid yesterday announcing that they are resetting the Forgecraft 2 server and will revisit it once more mods are updated, have started the Forgecraft 3 server (the past weekend) and mentioned that the current FC2 mod pack list either has been or is about to be submitted to FTB.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Well the way Dire was talking it sounds like it's coming up fairly soon. Hopefully we'll get something before months end....I hope.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is going far afield and anybody not up on this version switch will have been living in a cave and not turning on their launcher at all anyway, closing replies on the topic. Feel free to go back and forth on news/speculation re: Launcher v2 in some of the other threads up already dedicated to that.

Reactions: Flipz and Nerixel
Status
Not open for further replies.