Windows .exe Launcher times out and takes forever to load

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtshaw113

Jul 29, 2019
I start up the launcher, and its just white for like 30 seconds until it says "Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect". Is this something with creeperhost, or whatever it is, not responding or what? My internet is completely fine, so could it possibly be my antivirus or firewall or something? Im using Avast! and if it is the problem, does anyone know other free, low memory antivirus programs? I dont want to bog down my computer on simply antivirus. Thanks!
UPDATE: I installed BitDefender Free and it still time outs.

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Avast! is what I use and recommend. Try changing your download location. You might have to close and reopen the launcher for the location change to take effect.

Reactions: Mtshaw113

Mtshaw113

Jul 29, 2019
Changing the Download location worked, thanks! Not sure if the antivirus part was necessary but whatever, almost everywhere I see it says BitDefender is better but it should work fine regardless. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.