Launcher "Profile" editing problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed over several different modpacks, that you cannot have any persistence in your profile edits...

I have not had any success with this... when I make an edit to a profile and save it... It works for that instance ONLY... I will change my memory allocation to (for example)
Code:
-Xmx8G -Xms2G -XX:PermSize=2G -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US

... and hit the "Save Profile" button... I have tried re-naming and other methods... no luck

that change will only work for THIS instance of the Launcher use.

the minute I close the launcher, all my changes/saves are gone.

What can I do for a more permanent solution than having to do this edit every time I launch the game?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone? I can't be the only person experiencing this as it is consistent across 4 different machines and two different Operating Systems...

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Edit it in the curse settings. While you can't change the defaults that are always there you can add additional arguments. inside of curse using the options for minecraft.

Reactions: GrimJahk