Launcher out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
The Feed the Beast Modpack and Launcher are NOW AVAILABLE! Get it here:
http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

So for all of you that want to go right ahead and get started with FTB now here is a video by Direwolf20 explaining how to setup your client and server using the feed the beast launcher, please remember that the pack is still in beta and so may not contain all of the mods that will be in the final release however all being well worlds created in this version will be compatible in future versions of feed the beast, we would also like to thank Direwolf for the awesome tutorial that will probably save us many hours of support requests. Thanks to everyone for supporting feed the beast and we hope to see you around here in the future.

The FTB Team

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, it was good fun. Shame a few were out to sabotage the stream and make things difficult for the mods.
But i'll never forget some of those reactions we got from 'slowpoking' with over 1000 viewers, hilarious.

And thanks to all the FTB team , Modders and extras.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
RedPower is on the list of included mod. Is it actually true or did you just forgot to change the main page?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
RedPower is on the list of included mod. Is it actually true or did you just forgot to change the main page?
As has been said numerous times before, RedPower has not been updated to the current MC version, and so has not been included in the launcher yet. When it is released, it will be included.

Also, the main page does not allow scrolling, to be able to see the download links (Chrome, OSX), if the browser window is shorter than the page.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the main page does not allow scrolling, to be able to see the download links (Chrome, OSX), if the browser window is shorter than the page.

link is in sig if you need.

Redpower will be added into a later release once it is complete by elo.

The release was to release the modpack launcher not the mods within it. =)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
link is in sig if you need.

Redpower will be added into a later release once it is complete by elo.

The release was to release the modpack launcher not the mods within it. =)
I got it, but there was a momentary confusion, because the page seemed to end at the stream window, with no link to the community, the main page, or the launchers.

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
Yay for the launch!

I ask you very much about one feature for the next launcher version: please, add "Play offline" button. MC login\session servers are not constantly online, and without them we won't be able to download new FTB release or play the game.
Also, it will be great to keep the name in offline mode (like in MultiMC), cause I am sad, when I am Steve :)

Thank you!

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Yay for the launch!

I ask you very much about one feature for the next launcher version: please, add "Play offline" button. MC login\session servers are not constantly online, and without them we won't be able to download new FTB release or play the game.
Also, it will be great to keep the name in offline mode (like in MultiMC), cause I am sad, when I am Steve :)

Thank you!

FTB doesn't support offline mode and don't think it ever will support it. Sorry.

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
FTB doesn't support offline mode and don't think it ever will support it. Sorry.
So, if MC server will be down, I won't be able to play FTB in my single player world.
And, so to speak, official MC launcher do support offline mode.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
So, if MC server will be down, I won't be able to play FTB in my single player world.
And, so to speak, official MC launcher do support offline mode.

We seen this at launch when they MC servers went down Slowpoke himself couldn't log in to his own Modpack.

So yes. You wont be able to play FTB if you have no internet/MC servers are down.

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
We seen this at launch when they MC servers went down Slowpoke himself couldn't log in to his own Modpack.
That's why I'd like to Slow and team give me the answer, if there will be offline mode. It won't hurt (also they could look at MultiMC source code and get that functionality with no pain)

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I'd like to Slow and team give me the answer, if there will be offline mode. It won't hurt (also they could look at MultiMC source code and get that functionality with no pain)

If you want someone else to answer you on this question make a thread in Launcher Feedback. Thanks

chayt6986

Jul 29, 2019
Yay for the launch!

Thank you!
If he added offline mode people with cracked minecraft a would just take advantage , so I think it's fair to not add offline mode :p

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I have a paid account with a paid MC , but I want to take this to work on my laptop. I have no internet access there. Hopefully, offline mode will be available.

Reactions: macks2008 and Age
Status
Not open for further replies.