Launcher Not Updating?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ3

Jul 29, 2019
When I start up the launcher it says there is a new launcher version and asks if I want to update. When I click yes, it just closes the launcher. Doesn't even open up my web browser or anything. I have waited for it to do something for 15 minutes now and I'm not sure what to do. I even disabled my firewall and antivirus thinking that was the problem. Nothing. Help?

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Just download the latest version from the website, it should be fixed in that version.

miloloz

Jul 29, 2019
does the folder you have it in have spaces in it?
like this? ------------V ---------V
\Desktop\minecraft mods\new stuff\Ftb Mods

if so remove them and should update.. that was the problem i had lol

DJ3

Jul 29, 2019
Just download the latest version from the website, it should be fixed in that version.

I have tried doing that and it didn't work.

does the folder you have it in have spaces in it?
like this? ------------V ---------V
\Desktop\minecraft mods\new stuff\Ftb Mods

if so remove them and should update.. that was the problem i had lol

Mine is like this: \Desktop\Everything\Minecraft\FTB so no spaces.

Also, can you check to see if your firewalls or antivirus' could be blocking the download?

Like I said in the first post I even disabled my firewall and antivirus thinking that was the problem.

Any other solutions?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
There should be a folder called updatetemp in the same folder as your launcher.
This should contain the new launcher, just move that file to the original launchers folder and overwrite the original launcher.
Also, delete the logindata file and enter your login again to avoid another bug.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said in the first post I even disabled my firewall and antivirus thinking that was the problem.
What is your antivirus? Norton, AVG and McAfee don't like being turned off. Just because you disable them, doesn't mean (those ones) they are actually off.

DJ3

Jul 29, 2019
There should be a folder called updatetemp in the same folder as your launcher.
This should contain the new launcher, just move that file to the original launchers folder and overwrite the original launcher.
Also, delete the logindata file and enter your login again to avoid another bug.

Yes! This worked! Thank you very much!!!

What is your antivirus? Norton, AVG and McAfee don't like being turned off. Just because you disable them, doesn't mean (those ones) they are actually off.

My Antivirus is Avira Free Edition. It's pretty good and I think when it's disabled it is actually off. Could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.