Windows .exe Launcher Giving Errors

TheMightyPickaxe

Jul 29, 2019
This is not the first time this has happened. I follow all of the trouble shoot but with no luck. I created a post on this before and stopped receiving replies. What happens is I downloaded the new 1.6.4 packs successfully then when I launch the pack it says Error:Could not find or load main class 34. This is my paste bin http://pastebin.com/0czEzvSX this has been preventing me from playing FTB for so long and i can't put this off any longer. Before I posted the first thread the launcher worked fine but when I installed java 64 bit (After uninstalling 32 bit) then it decided it would not work for me anymore. I also uninstalled 64 bit and re-installed 32 bit but it is still not working. Please Help I want to play the new packs

TheMightyPickaxe

Jul 29, 2019
I have read the thread but the solutions i saw there have nothing related to my problem (can't find anything on the internet either) So I will post what the thread says after doing the troubleshooting. I am operating on a Toshiba with core i3 and windows 8. Its not the best gaming computer but it is still viable. I am running java version 7 update 45 (32 bit). I do have anti malware but I never interrupts any game I play. I have downloaded the launcher from the main ftb site and am running launcher v1.2.9 my paste bin is http://pastebin.com/d9tHYTh3 and have completed the troubleshoot guide.

Finishigor

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like you are using 32bit windows, wich is one of the problems atm. The modpack req 1,5gb ram to start up and people with 32bit cannot raise the amount of ram on the launcher. So i think we have to wait untill they fixed the mapwriting problem.

dirtbag216

Jul 29, 2019
Why will no one help with the problem? There are obvious tons of people who are getting this problem and yet there is not a fix for it. I just kinda wonder how long this will take.

Sw33tR0llThief

Jul 29, 2019
Why will no one help with the problem? There are obvious tons of people who are getting this problem and yet there is not a fix for it. I just kinda wonder how long this will take.
Yeah there is quite a few problems that people are having that aren't getting addressed at all. Its kind of disappointing, in the past they were always on top of things when problems arose, but today it seems no one is doing anything about any of the issues.

Reactions: dirtbag216

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I had a really bad day at work. I haven't had a chance to check the forums. Be patient, when I'm less ticked off, I'll be looking into all of my alerts and unanswered threads.

Edit: It's better for everyone for me to not do help when angry.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 7, 64-bit
Java version/update, bit type: Version 7 update 45, 64-bit
Anti-malware software: Norton 360
Location you're downloading from: http://feed-the-beast.com/launcher
Launcher version: 1.2.9
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Yes
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://pastebin.com/3M0CBu7r
Your Java is still out of date: [18:16:44] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:189: Java version: 1.7.0_06-ea[DOUBLEPOST=1386908085][/DOUBLEPOST]As for everyone else, I will need your console log to be able to provide any help.

Finishigor

Jul 29, 2019
Themightypickaxe: I can also play Unleashed without problems, but i read somewhere that the mapwriting script sucks so much memory so it makes problem for 32bits users. I also heared that the mod author works on this script and hopefully fix it soon. So it seems there is possible for us to try it. But correct me if im wrong, but this is still beta.

Alfred the Butler

Jul 29, 2019
[18:16:44] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:189: Java version: 1.7.0_06-ea

How do i fix this? I've gone to the java site and downloaded the current version. Is there something that i'm missing? Current version out is Version 7, update 45.

Also a could older versions of java be the problem?

TheMightyPickaxe

Jul 29, 2019
I have discovered the on other users (I share a computer) it works with and of course I already know that the 1.6.4 packs have problems on 32bit computers. (Btw ftb unleashed doesn't work on my user. I am trying to decide on deleting my user and making a new one[DOUBLEPOST=1387038189][/DOUBLEPOST]But I am really glad to see all this feedback thank you all :)[DOUBLEPOST=1387038231][/DOUBLEPOST]I will come back if it works

TheMightyPickaxe

Jul 29, 2019
Uninstall your current java and install java 7 update 45 64 bit
I know that java 64 bit allows you to allocate more memory but the launcher is not physically allowing me to play the modpack :([DOUBLEPOST=1387131233][/DOUBLEPOST]And I have done this before and I think its what caused the problem.