Launch the game without Twitch?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Foster

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very sorry for rezzing this post. However, after looking all over the web I couldn't find an answer that suited my impatience. I believe I was looking for the same solution OP was looking for. Anyways, all you have to do is create a shortcut on your desktop (I guess if you're running linux you could create an alias in .bashrc?) and in the field for the location put: "F:\Curse\Install\minecraft.exe" --workDir "F:\Curse\Install" Please note: you will HAVE to change the filepath to the path relevant to your install of the curse/twitch client. Save your shortcut, and run it. Hope this helps!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm very sorry for rezzing this post. However, after looking all over the web I couldn't find an answer that suited my impatience. I believe I was looking for the same solution OP was looking for. Anyways, all you have to do is create a shortcut on your desktop (I guess if you're running linux you could create an alias in .bashrc?) and in the field for the location put: "F:\Curse\Install\minecraft.exe" --workDir "F:\Curse\Install" Please note: you will HAVE to change the filepath to the path relevant to your install of the curse/twitch client. Save your shortcut, and run it. Hope this helps!
It would take... significantly more than that to run on Linux, mostly because simply getting the Twitch launcher to install in the first place would require a MONO bridge and a conversion patch for OpenGL.

Mind you, it shouldn't be insurmountable, but on Linux, you're talking about converting from .NET to MONO and from DirectX to OpenGL.

Furthermore, while this might get you to launch Minecraft without the Twitch Launcher, that isn't going to let you launch any of the packs available ON the Twitch Launcher. To do that, you first need to get the Twitch Launcher to work, then download said pack. Then you would need to find the folder for the given instance it created and run it using a method similar to what you describe.

So no... not particularly helpful, but at least you get a gold star for trying.

Foster

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, okay. So Dreossk in his original post said he already had Twitch installed and just wanted a shortcut for the launcher - which I provided. This community used to be nice, but it's sarcastic punks like yourself that keep me playing in LAN mode.

J

joshua286

Joined forum just so I could post this. You can copy your launcher_profiles.json from your twitch/curse folder (usually under Documents\curse\minecraft\Install) to your .minecraft folder. the launcher_profiles.json changes every time you launch a mod pack in twitch though, so unless you merge the files somehow it only works for one modpack.

EDIT: you will also need to copy over the version from the Install\versions\ folder

Last edited:
S

Shaddow798

I made my own profile with mods from the Curse website. From what I understand, when I want to play I have to launch "Twitch" go to Minecraft, select my profile which opens a special instance of the Minecraft launcher, then I click play.

Isn't there a shorter way to directly launch the game?
Well You Can Launch The Minecraft.exe File That Twitch/Curse Use,
1)Open Up The Curse/Twitch Minecraft Folder One Way Is Navigate To "C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Install\"
2)Than Make A Shortcut Of "minecraft.exe" in "C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Install\minecraft.exe"
3)Enjoy Playing Without Twitch.
Edit)As Of The New Mc Launcher It By A launch of The Minecraft launcher It Will start in %appdata%\.minecraft\