Problem Latest Direwolf update crashing server

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Toadzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Title explains it. Someone joining the server causes it to crash. We made another server with a fresh world which worked fine which means something in the old world is changed or removed? Server ran fine earlier.

How would I go about fixing this? Looks like some trees in the world are causing the crash, but I'm not sure tbh.
Rest of the crash report is in the text file attached

Thanks

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 1/8/13 5:09 PM
Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.NullPointerException
                at forestry.core.genetics.Chromosome.writeToNBT(Chromosome.java:50)
                at forestry.core.genetics.Genome.writeToNBT(Genome.java:58)
                at forestry.arboriculture.genetics.Tree.writeToNBT(Tree.java:75)
                at forestry.arboriculture.gadgets.TileTreeContainer.b(TileTreeContainer.java:38)
                at forestry.arboriculture.gadgets.TileLeaves.b(TileLeaves.java:32)
                at forestry.core.network.PacketTileNBT.<init>(PacketTileNBT.java:28)
                at forestry.arboriculture.gadgets.TileTreeContainer.l(TileTreeContainer.java:70)
                at iq.b(EntityPlayerMP.java:446)
                at iq.j_(EntityPlayerMP.java:269)
                at yc.a(World.java:2295)
                at in.a(WorldServer.java:647)
                at yc.g(World.java:2257)
                at yc.h(World.java:2103)
                at in.h(WorldServer.java:516)
                at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:679)
                at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:270)
                at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:598)
                at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
                at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
                at forestry.arboriculture.gadgets.TileTreeContainer.b(TileTreeContainer.java:38)
                at forestry.arboriculture.gadgets.TileTreeContainer.l(TileTreeContainer.java:70)

Attachments

• crash-2013-01-08_17.09.51-server.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 67

Jaukain

Jul 29, 2019
I am also experiencing the same issue with the new update on my server. Running the direwolf20 pack and map.
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.

Time: 1/8/13 10:23 PM
Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at yc.h(World.java:2103)
    at in.h(WorldServer.java:516)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:679)
    at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:270)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:598)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

Stefman1

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here Jaukain.I can enter the server for about 1 min then this crash happens.

Toadzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Got it fixed. Solution is below.

Go into your server files, config, Forestry, and edit the common.conf file with a notepad, word, or some text editor. Scroll to the genetics area, and change both genetics.invalid.chromosome.clearing and genetics.clear.invalid.chromosomes to true (should be false by default). Save and try the server again. Thanks to whoever found this

#####################
# GENETICS
#####################
# set to true to clear chromosomes which contain invalid alleles. might rescue your save if it is crashing after removal of a be
genetics.invalid.chromosome.clearing=true
# NEW: set to true to clear chromosomes which contain invalid alleles. might rescue your save if it is crashing after removal of a bee addon.
genetics.clear.invalid.chromosomes=true

Eg the =false should be changed to =true

Reactions: Nessiroj

LaMortNoir

Jul 29, 2019
Got it fixed. Solution is below.

Go into your server files, config, Forestry, and edit the common.conf file with a notepad, word, or some text editor. Scroll to the genetics area, and change both genetics.invalid.chromosome.clearing and genetics.clear.invalid.chromosomes to true (should be false by default). Save and try the server again. Thanks to whoever found this

#####################
# GENETICS
#####################
# set to true to clear chromosomes which contain invalid alleles. might rescue your save if it is crashing after removal of a be
genetics.invalid.chromosome.clearing=true
# NEW: set to true to clear chromosomes which contain invalid alleles. might rescue your save if it is crashing after removal of a bee addon.
genetics.clear.invalid.chromosomes=true

Eg the =false should be changed to =true

You sir are a life saver. Thank you for posting this here. I had been having quite a headache trying to update from Mindcrack V6 to V7. I thought it was an issue with my tree farm but this little code change fixed it for me.

Xolkin

Jul 29, 2019
Saved my world too. I thought I would have to start a new world and try to remember what I had (ugh)
Thanks a ton!