Request Land of Giants (Modpack Advice Needed)

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
So, I am building a modpack using MultiMC called Land of Giants for my own personal use just to have fun with. I may even do a let's play series using it.

The idea behind the 'Land of Giants' is it is a peaceful survival pack built around the idea of playing on a amplified terrain world and building an entire futuristic civilization living on the mountaintops, using jetpacks and maybe even flying cars, sky monorails, or teleporters to get from one city to another (think Jetsons, but on top of giant mountains).

The issue is that i am having trouble figuring out what to add to the pack. I want to be careful not to add mods that detract from it's futuristic theme, yet i want to add things that will make it more fun and less of a chore.

Here's the mods I have so far:

Of course I have Ex Nihilo and Ex Astris, because when you play in amplified, it could take for ever to get even the most basic ores, especially if you are like me and want to play it like a skybox and rarely descend to the base of the mountains if at all.

Interface mods:
What are you looking at (Waila, and Waila Harvestability)
Not Enough Items (NEI, NEI Addons, NEI Integration)
Journey Map

Tools mods:
Tinker's Construct (plus TiC Tooltips)
Ex Nihilo
Ex Astris

Technology Mods:
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation
Thermal Dynamics
Buildcraft
Simply Jetpacks
Applied Energistics

There is one more thing. I would like to keep Redstone Flux as the pack's main source of energy.

Also, when I am done with it, if anyone here wishes to take it further to make into a public pack, let me know. As I said, I am only doing this pack for personal use, but I am willing to share it with anyone who wants to do more with it and the idea behind it.