Land claiming?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
I've been on servers with mods that use the golden shovel idea for land claiming. Works just like that old plugin "grief protection" or whatever it was called.
How do we do this when we're using a modpack? Is there a mod available that will allow us to do this?
I love the golden shovel claiming land idea, would love to use it on my server.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
I think they were using Grief Preventation. To run Bukkit plugins on aforge server you need to use Thermos. FTB Utilities is also good.

Reactions: Cosmology27

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm checking out this Thermos thing (hadn't heard of it before). Is it like Cauldron where you need to use that instead of Forge? Or is it like Sponge where you use it as a mod to be able to add further mods (that act as plugins)?

Also, how are servers using the golden shovel trick then? None of these solutions use the golden shovel, so I'm curious how they got it working.

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
aAFAIK, If you are playing 1.7.10, the golden shovel is part of the GriefPreventionPlus plugin for Bukkit / CraftBukkit based servers, where CraftBukkit is a fork of Bukkit that supports forge.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Thermos is like Cauldron so you use that instead of Forge. After that you can put the plugin into the plugins folder. Do note that there might be some modded blocks or items that are able to bypass the protection.

xxbeast_kirbxx

Sep 11, 2021
Is there anyone that could show me step by step on discord, it would be a huge help for me and my friends ( SimonSaysDie#3537 ) I want ftb infinity evolved but with plugins to add the golden shovel.

dado243

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Utils or well you could use redprotect, grief protection if you use a cauldron fork