LAN world not showing up

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

amyychoiii

May 9, 2020
Hi, I really need help! My friend and I are trying to play FTB Ultimate Reloaded together through the LAN connection, but it isn't connecting! She is right next to me as well, and I have no idea what to do! She is using a Windows 8 and I am using a Macbook. LAN worlds worked before, but it suddenly isn't working as we are trying to play with this modpack. I've tried everything: connecting to her server with the IPV4, connecting to the same wifi, putting firewalls to private for javaw.exe and Minecraft, etc. PLEASE HELP!!! IT KEEPS COMING UP AS NO HOST CONNECTION OR TIMED OUT!!

go_fish

Jan 6, 2020
Have you tried to open the ports of your router?
Opening ports on the router won't do anything if they're both on the same LAN.

So the server is running on one of the computers that is also being played on, right? And they're definitely both on the same network? With both connected to the same LAN, check the IP addresses of both machines. You can do this by typing 'ipconfig' into the command prompt on Windows and 'ip a' into the terminal on the Mac.

The addresses should both look something like 192.168.x.y, where the 'x' needs to be the same on each machine.

When your friend tries to connect to your server, what error does she get?