LAN Server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderVonBaul

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some problems with my LAN Ultimate server.
me and my brother have both a legitimate copy of minecraft and untill yesterday everything worked pretty smoothly.
Today my brother couldn't access the server, receiving the "timeout: failed to connect" error.
not sure if this can help, but in the console he has these red messages

2013-05-27 19:15:41 [INFO] [STDERR] java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: http://s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftResources/
2013-05-27 19:15:41 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
2013-05-27 19:15:41 [INFO] [STDERR] at arn.run(ThreadDownloadResources.java:57)

nickRepublic

Jul 29, 2019
Just a wild guess here but when you port forward to an ip address you may need to update it. Sometimes the ip your router gives to a certain local computer can change over time.

Example, my computer might be 192.168.1.15 today but tomorrow it could be 192.168.1.12.

Let me know if you need clarification.

AlexanderVonBaul

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately that was the first thing we tried. then we though that it could be a firewall issue, since it happened that a hamachi server i tried to set up was blocked by windows firewall.

AlexanderVonBaul

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to turn off the variuos protections offered by Avast, but apparently that didn't work.
also I don't remeber any functionality update in the last 24 hours, so i don't think that that's the case...

EDIT
we made a few tests. it appears that the problem is somewhere between our computers since he can "see" other servers.
The error message he is receiving is the same that my friends got when they tried to log on my other server before i turned off the firewall for hamachi. I tried to turn it off also for our LAN, but it didn't work (so frustrating)

EDIT bis
I kinda found a work around for the problem: i solved the hamachi issue we were having so he can log in through it. It keeps bothering me the fact that something isn't working in our network; if anyone has an idea, help is always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.