Laggy server

Andrius

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, can any one help me to solve this ridiculous lag on my server? We are playing Feed The Beast Mindcrack server with my friend, so we are playing there only two of us, so i dont get why is it so laggy on server. I've been creating bukkit Vanilla, tekkit servers, but then we never received a bit of lag, everything was flawless, but after i created a FTB server, lag is just unbearable.
Internet connection:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 545 Processor 3.0GHz
Ram: 6Gb
Video card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Java version: java version "1.7.0_17"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_17-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

Heelp Please!

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
are you sure its server lag and not client.

The bigger mod packs eat up a lot of CPU, as there's so much to load. I recommend to people joining my server they turn their render down to Normal. Seems to stop a lot of 'the lag'

Andrius

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if it is my Computer's lag, then i dont understand it at all. When i log to Tekkit, which has 66 mods too, i have 0 lag whatever i do, but in FTB, with 60 mids, the lag appears :/. And how come Minecraft lags so badly and any other game doesn't. Plus it only uses 300Mb memory of my computer, no matter how much i put it to use. I don't understand :(

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is written in java, as it was original a browser based game. This is not the best coding language for games. The key result is that modded minecraft can use a lot of CPU.

are you running minecraft server on the same PC your playing on?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, your running a dual core processor. Its not exactly high end either, running just a server could saturate that. Minecraft may look like crap, but it is one of the most resource demanding games out there. It will eat your CPU, GPU and RAM until you force it to stop.