Lagging on Agrarian skies, wtf?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
I mean comon, it's a skybox map, why the hell it lags?

I mean seriously.
Ok, another question, is there a texture pack that reduces lags? maybe a 1x1 one? :D

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Can't help with a lower res texture pack (your best bet may just be to look at mc forums and/or curse), but what exactly do you have going on in the world and what is your comeputer specs like? I'm running ~40 with my i5 and intergrated gpu at my main base with a decent number of machines/farms going on for any reference that may help figure out what is going on.

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
Well these days my computer is more slow than normal (I mean he is really slow, and now is even more), I don't know what is going on.

Well I set everything to minimun on agrarian skies and I get less than 5fps. Here are my pc specs:

http://prntscr.com/8alj3x

And I have looked at the texture packs not even the "Familiar yet different" helps, it just make it more lagged D:

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
^

Also, do you have two gigs allocated to the pack? In my expereince Agsky (or any 1.7 pack for that matter) likes its ram.
You could also start spreading out your base by moving the more laggy setups outside of render distance at the main base (although you would have to invest in chunkloaders, which I think are rather expensive in this pack).

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
Did and found nothing.

Also I fixed it, apparently my computer needed a real break (since I always hibernate my pc instead of turning off, so I just normally set him off this time).
But one of the reasons the modpack I'm playing right now is not lagging (Regrowth) is that they have optifine.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I found with AgSkies1 (I assume you are on about) when I started the map I was getting 60-80fps (with a 64x texture pack), but as I built more stuff, had AE systems that got more complex, finished more quests, etc. the FPS slowly dropped, to where the world which I gave up on (just those stupid hoarding quests left to do) was churning out 20fps (at best) on default textures, and lower than usual graphics options

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
Well I got only 2 barrels and some thinker barrels and in a normal world more chuncks spend way more fps than a island with some machines so I think there's something here ._.