Solved Lagging FTB Ultimate: Anniverary Server on VPS

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Hakthyl

Apr 6, 2022
Hello all,

I wanted to setup a FTB Ultivate: Anniversary Edition server for me and my friends and since I allready had a existing VPS hosted by Starto I tried to use it. The speccs of the server are: 10 vCores (according to Linux 2,7GHz a price) and 48GB RAM. Currently there is openJDK 64bit installed on the system.
But no matter how much RAM I assign to the server.jar, the server won't stop lagging and hardly doing more then 10 TPS. At no given point the server-ja is using all of the resources of the VPS (accordings to htop the CPU is running at ~10-20%) and only 4,7GB of RAM are used.

Messages like:
[Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 6697ms or 133 ticks behind
appearing in the serverlog ranging from 2000ms to 30000ms. Somcethimes there are even ones with 60000ms (which kills the server).

Sadly im not that big of a serverhosting pro, but since the speccs of the server are over the top for MC and I had many other Gameservers running on the VPS in the past (currently there is only MC) and all of them run without any problems, im pretty sure its just an configuration problem on that part. I didd't reconfigure anything after downloading the serverfiles.

Does anyone have a solution or any advice for this?

Thanks in advance!

Hakthyl

Apr 6, 2022
The Issue seems to be solved... It looks like the Strato servers are just garbage. Just tried another hoster which offers a testphase for it servers and it's workin there like a charm.