Lag Due to Repeated saving and pausing

barbarian1985

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: 1.0.5
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/NfrxpHh2
Whats the bug?: When playing the game, the console repeatedly states that: [minecraftserver] Saving and Pausing game...
This happens two or three times a minute and causes the game to lag something fierce
Known Fix: Haven't found on yet

I originally entered the forums to find a fix for the horrible lag with the new Direwolf20 pack. Firstly, I updated both Java and my graphics drivers, double checked that I only had the one version of Java 64 bit, updated the permgen thing, reinstalled everything and made sure that there was 3gb ram available both through the launcher and via F3 in game.

I'm running the game on a Toshiba Notebook, stats:

IntelCore i7-3630QM CPU @2.40GHz
8.00GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Windows 8.1

I really hope I can find a fix for this lag because the previous Direwolf pack was great fun and the lag on this pack is killing the experience.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Are you using the map writer mod because this is known to cause fps drops. If so then try one of the others. If you prefer the Rei minimap then grab the 1.6.4 one from here.

barbarian1985

Jul 29, 2019
I disabled Opus and I also disabled Ars Magica because I was getting debilitating lag in the magical forest biome and around any Ars Magica things but that hasn't sorted out the whole 'save and pause every thirty seconds' thing