Kind of a noob here... Need help with FTB...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Thatotherjanitor

Jul 29, 2019
So I had just installed Feed The Beast. And I decided to install the pack that was in beta, but when I did, no mods were installed. So I figured that beta still had some bugs. So I tried out the Retro pack. It worked with mods and all, but it spawned me on a single bedrock. So I figured "Okay, this is obviously not a bug...". And I saw a map to download for the Retro, so I did. And, after reading the rules, I fell through a hole, and I saw a pyramid in front of me. And there was a chest under me. So I opened it and found a sapling, a mushroom, a philosopher's stone, a mushroom, and a water block. What the hell? So what do I do with them? Meh. I'll just find a YouTube tutorial later. And I then I finally decide to try out the Magic World pack. I load up a world and spawn in an "Alpha Biome". So the mods are working. And I spawn next to a deep 2x2 hole in the ground. wellokay.jpg.

So, here are my questions:

1. Is it a bug that no mods are appearing in the beta pack? If not, can someone tell me what went wrong, and how I can fix it?
2. How can I make a world in the Retro pack with default generation, other than spawning on a single bedrock in the middle of nowhere?

It would really mean a lot to me if someone helped me out.

Sorry if I'm too much of a noob.

Thanks for any help.

~Thatotherjanitor

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
The Beta pack sometimes downloads vanilla minecraft, this is a launcher wide problem that was fixed a while back, update your launcher or reinstall.

Thatotherjanitor

Jul 29, 2019
The Beta pack sometimes downloads vanilla minecraft, this is a launcher wide problem that was fixed a while back, update your launcher or reinstall.
Yeah, but I just installed the .exe launcher like half an hour ago. Are there other downloads? I downloaded the .exe file on the FTB home page, by the way (http://feed-the-beast.com/)
And how would I update the launcher?

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I don't know what issue you're having on question 1). Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will be by shortly.

I can help you with 2). There is a mod that disables world generation in the 1.2.5 pack. Here is how to remove it:
1) On the menu where you select the pack that you want to use you'll notice a button labeled "Edit Mod Pack" at the top of the pack list.​
2) select the 1.2.5 pack and the click the "Edit Mod Pack" button.​
4) Find "mod_YUNoMakeGoodMap (1)" in the enabled mod list. Click it and hit the disable mod button.​
5) You should not be able to generate a normal world.​
The 1.2.5 pack is designed around the feed-the-beast map that you briefly started. Until you know the mods well, I don't recommend playing that map. The learning curve would be a bit steep to someone new to the FTB mods.

OH, and to clarify what Codex was saying. Go to wherever you downloaded the launcher and delete the directory called "FTBBETAA". The launcher should prompt you to download an update if the launcher itself is out of date.