Kenshi - indie game

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: Played the game but couldn't stand it for longer than 10 minutes. It's great don't get me wrong! But the camera is just terrible, it drags down the experience (for me) big time. I do enjoy the gameplay and style, but I'll wait for future updates. I will be watching!

demonslay999

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: Played the game but couldn't stand it for longer than 10 minutes. It's great don't get me wrong! But the camera is just terrible, it drags down the experience (for me) big time. I do enjoy the gameplay and style, but I'll wait for future updates. I will be watching!

That's your preference. Did you know how to use the camera? mouse wheel to scroll in and out R n' F to rotate it vertically and Q n' E to rotate left and right? orrr???

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
That's your preference. Did you know how to use the camera? mouse wheel to scroll in and out R n' F to rotate it vertically and Q n' E to rotate left and right? orrr???
I did learn how to use it. I had seen a few lets plays and read the tutorials in the wiki, so I had a grasp on how to use it. But I find it too awkward to get used to. I'm sure it's just another item in the creator's to do list to iron out, which is why I'll keep my eye on it. Once the camera issue has been smoothed out I'll play it again :D

demonslay999

Jul 29, 2019
I did learn how to use it. I had seen a few lets plays and read the tutorials in the wiki, so I had a grasp on how to use it. But I find it too awkward to get used to. I'm sure it's just another item in the creator's to do list to iron out, which is why I'll keep my eye on it. Once the camera issue has been smoothed out I'll play it again :D

What camera issues...I can't say if he has any plans to uh change the camera <_< >_> sorry...

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
For example, the camera must be controlled every time, it does not stay on the character as he moves. All other 3rd person games have that as default with the option to move it on your own as you wish. Sure it is an RPG/RTS, but still :)

demonslay999

Jul 29, 2019
For example, the camera must be controlled every time, it does not stay on the character as he moves. All other 3rd person games have that as default with the option to move it on your own as you wish. Sure it is an RPG/RTS, but still :)

actually if you double click on your characters portrait or physical body twice it will lock on to them and then when you zoom in or out, it will zoom in on him as well as if you rotate it either way. Andif you want to get out of the locked onto person mode press W,A,S,D (anyone) which can pan the camera which is good for scouting ahead. After you've scouted or whatever just double click on the portrait or person again and your locked right back on. Hope that helped.

Reactions: Munaus

demonslay999

Jul 29, 2019
:D scratch everything I said Mr. Lifesaver. I shall return to it.

Your very welcome. I had the same exact thoughts as you when I first played the game of course after a bit of...screwing around(didn't wanna curse :p) and playing around with every button I discovered the potential of the game then after clicked on my character twice (by total accident) I locked on to him and I was like "ohhh another feature you can sorta lock onto the character". And that was the day I played for 12 hours straight. True story =P

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
For those who thought " aaww.. is the game dead?"

Nope. The author has given us some ideas of what the next update will be like.

I was never fond of starting a new game, not when I put some time to make my characters battle-hardy.
But this new "starting point" that the author mentions... sounds interesting.

For those of you who still hasn't bought the game... it will be 10 dollars for another 3-4 weeks... then the price WILL go up. 13 or 16 dollars aint nothing to get dramatic about, but is a bit redundant when you can get the game for 10 :p