Keeping My Essence Pool Full (DW20)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BumBumHoHum

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a neutral nexus above a 3x3 pool of essence, but since it's so small, it runs out quickly and I have to constantly fill it. Is there any item I could use to pump the essence out of the drum in a way that fills up the pool without me having to keep an eye on it?
javaw 2014-01-24 01-40-44-41.jpg

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft floodgate. all you have to do is pump in liquid and it will fill in the surround area. so in your picture put it in one of the sides surrounding your 3x3 hole and it should automatically fill it once provided essence

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of doing something like this, but will the nexus stop eating up the essence once it's fully charged?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
for me the nexus uses way too much essence to keep up with it... so I just use the mana battery trick when I need neutral essence

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft floodgate. all you have to do is pump in liquid and it will fill in the surround area. so in your picture put it in one of the sides surrounding your 3x3 hole and it should automatically fill it once provided essence

Just remember to block the other sides so it doesn't end up pumping your essence all over the place!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This doesn't work anymore on newer versions, just fyi...
Yeah, AM2 updated the Mana Battery to allow for storage of other types of essence before the addition of a renewable source of liquid essence.

I'm thinking of checking out mods that allow for custom recipes to be added to non-vanilla things to see how easy it would be to add a way to make liquid essence. A good first step in this process would be to find out what mods might allow for custom recipes in non-vanilla machines.(other then GT, which, IIRC, allows for the user to add recipes to it's machines, if one can understand his configs)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This doesn't work anymore on newer versions, just fyi...

seriously? crap... I hate having to go around finding liquid essence pools... one world you're literally drowning in the stuff, and the other you can barely find enough to create a compendium...

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
seriously? crap... I hate having to go around finding liquid essence pools... one world you're literally drowning in the stuff, and the other you can barely find enough to create a compendium...

Deep Dark and Twilight Forest are full of pools of essence. Dark Forest biome in TF especially likes to spawn them ontop of the canopy.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, the spawn rate for the stuff has been buffed as well. How so? Well, think of lakes of it showing up now instead of just a 2x2x1 pool of the stuff. Also the amount of essence it gives in in a nexus has been increased as well. How much? Used to be roughly 500 essence, yes? Now it's 5000 or so per bucket of liquid essence. The nexus also seems to hold more essence to boot.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

BumBumHoHum

Jul 29, 2019
Also, are you living under a volcano? Naturally I'd be asking what mod the volcano is from, but I'd guess Project Red.
Yeah, It was the closest notable feature near spawn, and yeah, it is ProjectRed.

I was thinking of doing something like this, but will the nexus stop eating up the essence once it's fully charged?
Apparently the nexus caps at JUST under 100% and keeps eating up the essence, so a bit of diligence is needed, but its still much easier than dumping buckets by hand.

Last edited:

BumBumHoHum

Jul 29, 2019
So is this like 'infinite' or do you keep refilling the drum yourself, I'm guessing the second :p.
Yeah, unless there's some way I can get a mystcraft age with an essence ocean to pump with a tesseract, you need to scoop pools up yourself. Much higher storage capacity than filling your inventory with buckets, especially with multiple barrels.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, the spawn rate for the stuff has been buffed as well. How so? Well, think of lakes of it showing up now instead of just a 2x2x1 pool of the stuff. Also the amount of essence it gives in in a nexus has been increased as well. How much? Used to be roughly 500 essence, yes? Now it's 5000 or so per bucket of liquid essence. The nexus also seems to hold more essence to boot.

the problem for me is, you can have worlds where there's literally a pool once every 10 blocks or so, and you can have worlds where you need to travel to a (%($*@$*$ different continent just to find a 2x2 pool... I don't mind that essence now comes in pools, but I'd preferred it if there was also a way of crafting the liquid essence

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
What we need is Ars Essence bees. Work just like oil bees but for essence

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Reactions: kaovalin