Just wanted to throw this out there

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

poison7678

Jul 29, 2019
Normally I don't make post on the forums but after the chat with a guy I thought why not. I've been playing FTB for a while now and although I have only been using FTB forums for a year I have been with many different servers, both white-list and public. but today was the first time I've never been told that because I don't make topics and reply to threads on the forums that I'm a shady person applying to a server. I know this is kinda a rant and I do apologize but I just thought that was a wow message I got. Anyways hopefully you all have a nice day.

Oh and to those who celebrate it, Happy 4th of July!

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Even tho you didn't mention me i felt i would actually let people know why you didn't get accepted instead of the half truth/lie you gave.I never called you shady,that word isn't even mentioned in the PM. I simply said you have no activity on the forums and you put no time in the application so i didn't feel comfortable accepting you.i have 2 questions on the application and you gave a very short answer to both. That application is for me to get to know you so i know who im putting on the server and with no effort put into the app i cant get to know you so i had to use another way but with no activity on the forum i cant see how you interact with people. I feel i made the correct choice after seeing this post, i don't like liars. Have a good day!

Reactions: ICountFrom0

poison7678

Jul 29, 2019
your right you didnt say that word for word. that is the way it came off. and its okay. as for the app. over the years i have had to put in quite a few apps to servers that close down a month or two away. so because of this i have started to do exactly like i am asked. And also i made this post just to say that just cause people dont constantly post on the forums doesnt make us shady. Anyway, since that was cleared up. i dont have any ill will toward you. hopefully you have a good one

:)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it kinda does imply that they think OP is shady. The only reason you'd decline a server access application is if you thought they where a risk either social or to the servers world aka; shadey.

However how much time does one need to put in to such an app? Some servers act like they are staffing a high level job position. It's why I avoid whitelist servers, even if is keeps out the riff raff. I find it sometimes pretentious and at times ineffective at deterring griefers.

Then again @Dkittrell was if his recount was truthful was being very polite and inordinately professional.
Once I attempted to run a whitelisted server and one of the respondents linked me an odd brony music video saying "this is me in a nutshell". Back then I must have had a hell of a mean streak because I responded with "Do I really want a demented brony on my server?" in a rehtorical manner. Apparently the MC forums though it was mean and gave me a 2 week ban. That was like 5 years ago.