Just want everything to stay the same forever!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dodger6500

Jul 29, 2019
So I started playing FTB Beta a while back, just single player. I'm having a great time with it and I'm fine with everything. I saw on Mindcrack videos that everything was going to be changing, but I hoped the launcher would ask me if I wanted to update or something before making any massive changes. I stuck my head in the sand and hoped everything would be ok. Today I tried to play for the first time in a while (hey, Steam sale...) and the game had changed and my world was gone. I read the forums and figured out to load the Beta Pack A modpack, and my world works all fine and dandy. But I also saw ominous mentions that the Beta Pack A would be going away from the launcher.

My question is just how can I maintain my single player world in Beta Pack A without anything changing ever? Unplug from the net any time I play? Just never update the launcher? Is there a way I can launch it without the launcher? Bring on the mocking...

Dodger6500

Jul 29, 2019
Got that all working, and it seems great. As long as nothing auto-updates or such, I should be golden. Thanks a lot.