Just needed to be said

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Sure this is general discussion, but couldn't this spark a flame war? Oh wait, nobody watches sports anymore.

Yeah, no worries on that regard. Half of the people that read this will wonder what the heck England did to piss off IHOP, and the other half will read my post and wonder what the heck IHOP is and what does it have to do with sea mammals. Good times!

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, no worries on that regard. Half of the people that read this will wonder what the heck England did to @#!*% off IHOP, and the other half will read my post and wonder what the heck IHOP is and what does it have to do with sea mammals. Good times!
Dude I thought Wales was part of England. Or is it Ireland? I don't even know my own heritage.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Dude I thought Wales was part of England. Or is it Ireland? I don't even know my own heritage.
Oh, this will be fun. I'm an American, and I know more about the UK than a citizen of the UK does!

Wales is a part of the United Kingdom, which includes the geo-political regions known as Wales, Scotland, Nortern Ireland, and England. Collectively, they form the United Kindgom, also called Great Britain. Queen Elizibeth is Queen of the United Kingdom and the British Commonwealth, which includes the majority of the nations that were part of the British Empire, including Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Ireland is not part of the United Kingdom, and is a separate country.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, this will be fun. I'm an American, and I know more about the UK than a citizen of the UK does!

Wales is a part of the United Kingdom, which includes the geo-political regions known as Wales, Scotland, Nortern Ireland, and England. Collectively, they form the United Kindgom, also called Great Britain. Queen Elizibeth is Queen of the United Kingdom and the British Commonwealth, which includes the majority of the nations that were part of the British Empire, including Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Nice uh, knowledge, but I never said I'm a citizen. Just that I'm Irish, Scottish, English, Canadian, and Swedish.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
btw the game in question was rugby, yanks will still be in that dark its like your form of football with out the armour & adverts.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
American football isn't even football! It's more like handball. Too bad there's already a sport named handball.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
btw the game in question was rugby, yanks will still be in that dark its like your form of football with out the armour & adverts.
I actually know what rugby is. In fact, we play it here in the States, it's just not as popular as football (Jesus, what idiot came up with that name? It's not even played with a ball, it's more of an ovalish thing.)

Stereotypes: 0 Me: 2

Next stereotype please.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019

United kingdom & GB are different one contains the isle of man and some random isles the other dosent

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Yeah the "great" in Great Britain doesn't mean "fantastic", it means "big" - it's the biggest island in the British Isles archipelago. The Irish don't like being called part of the British Isles because of the close association of the name with the country. But the term "British" pre-dates England, GB, and the UK. It derives from "Preton" which means "painted", referring to the woad that the Celtic inhabitants of the islands wore.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
United kingdom & GB are different one contains the isle of man and some random isles the other dosent
Well then. Thank you for correcting me. I was close though, wasn't I? I mean, that's better than what you'd get from most Americans.