Just have to ask

Woodopriest

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there

I have an simple question

What is better, chicken that drops feather at an timed interval or have the shears "pluck" the chickens.

I am trying to make an mod, I don't need help. I just want to know what is preffered :-D

samstar

Jul 29, 2019
Dropping would be easier for us players but the shears is probably more balanced so I would go with that.

Good luck with the mod

JademusSreg

Jul 29, 2019
  • Allow players to pluck chickens by activating (right-clicking) them, and deal 0 or 1 damage to cause them to run around.
  • Shedding chickens makes sense, but in practice you get item clutter which adds much unneeded stress from the item entities in the world.
  • Shearing chickens doesn't make sense, but it's better balanced and less resource intensive than the above options. The downside is coding to render shaved chickens.
  • Make chickens drop a randomly-sized item stack of feathers on death, rather than a chance to drop 1 feather. I've never seen a chicken with just one feather.

Woodopriest

Jul 29, 2019
Rendering shaved chickens is not a problem, making them drop fether on interval is no problem..

I like the idea about right clicking the chicken and damagin them, sounds like a challenge.

I shall look into the random size feather drop..hmm

I should add some damaged feathers(new item) aswell. just for balance :-D