Just a question about the necessary machine.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

curt9043

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unsure as to whether this is the correct place to ask questions or ask for help, but I believe in Tekkit there is the ability to have a machine that simulates a Right Click, which is part of redpower, called a "Deployer", is there an equivalent in Feed The Beast? Just out of interest because I'm not entirely sure and I'm a complete and utter noob on it, thank you. :)

P.S. Instead of posting the likes of "OMFG WRONG FORUM" and such, I'm also fairly new to the forum and unsure where to post this, so please refrain from such replies and just redirect me to the correct part. :)

Thanks for your time, I'd appreciate an answer as soon as possible, thank you. :)

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge, there isn't at the moment, but very soon there will be some updates to FTB, which will include Redpower as it has just been updated recently.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Apparently the vanilla item dispenser will open scrap boxes, but there's nothing else out there that will simulate a right click. Best to wait for FTB update with RedPower2 in it.

curt9043

Jul 29, 2019
Actually sorry, my own stupidity hit me there, just realized you can use a dispenser to collect water into a bucket can't you :p[DOUBLEPOST=1356217491][/DOUBLEPOST]However, is there a way in which I can filter what items would leave the dispenser?

makeshiftwings

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower and its deployer will be added to the next version of FTB which will hopefully be out in the next few days.

In the meantime, I don't think there's a block that works just like the deployer, but there are alternatives depending on what you're trying to do. The Liquid Transposer from Thermal Expansion will let you fill or empty buckets, and the different modules for Steves Carts will let you do things like plant seeds or place blocks.

curt9043

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh I see, thanks :) But is there a way to filter out the required mineral only? I can only think of diamond pipes but I mean so it only sucks coal out instead of everything else

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
the liquid transposer allows you to fill any container with any liquid being pumped into it
the aqueous accumulator slowly and automatically fills up with water forever. It fills very very quickly if you put 2 water source blocks next to (but not underneath) it. Water does not need to be drawn from it with an engine.

pixalen

Jul 29, 2019
What is it you are planning on using the bucket of water for? Once redpower is added it becomes a moot point, but I used the vanilla dispenser to make the bog earth for my peat farms.

A few things to note about it as I did have some trouble....

I used the build craft gates to give a signal when the inventory was empty so it would fill the bucket for the crafting table. But there is no way to do the Buildcraft gates like timers where it clicks. So you need to have the buildcraft gate to turn off the Redstone stoping a vanilla Redstone timer (many types you can use for this) that will 'click' the dispenser when the bog earth chest is empty. You need a inverter or not gate between the timer and the dispenser since to stop the vanilla timers you need to give the timer a Redstone signal.

Anyway with those few little changes to my old system I was easily able to automate my peat bog earth and the dispenser never once failed me. Works like a charm. :)

That sounds really overly complex for making bog earth... i just used a turtle, 2 chests, 1 bucket and a infi water pool.
Then i only had to supply dirt and sand into the chests, and out came bogearth.. ofcourse with a bit of very basic coding.